A little HowTo

Bernat Romagosa
Hi everybody!

I'm a computer science student at the last year of my degree, and my capstone project consists in building a website using Seaside. I've read pretty much every existing howto, manual and tutorial, and ended up writing one by myself. I basically explain how to get a simple website with a header, a couple of tabs and some content working in a very short time.

Thing is I'm not a native speaker neither a Seaside expert, which leads me to think I must have committed some mistakes. I'd really appreciate it very much if you could give an eye to the following link and correct it... I promise it's very short!

http://pastie.org/434108

In case you never used pastie before, you have an 'edit' anchor at the right of the text :)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bernat.

Re: A little HowTo

stephane ducasse
I like the rescue your rail project on the side....
by doing seaside :)

On Apr 1, 2009, at 10:21 PM, AxiNat wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a computer science student at the last year of my degree, and my
> capstone project consists in building a website using Seaside. I've
> read pretty much every existing howto, manual and tutorial, and
> ended up writing one by myself. I basically explain how to get a
> simple website with a header, a couple of tabs and some content
> working in a very short time.
>
> Thing is I'm not a native speaker neither a Seaside expert, which
> leads me to think I must have committed some mistakes. I'd really
> appreciate it very much if you could give an eye to the following
> link and correct it... I promise it's very short!
>
> http://pastie.org/434108
>
> In case you never used pastie before, you have an 'edit' anchor at
> the right of the text :)
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Bernat.

Re: A little HowTo

Miguel Cobá
2009/4/1 AxiNat <[hidden email]>:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a computer science student at the last year of my degree, and my
> capstone project consists in building a website using Seaside. I've read
> pretty much every existing howto, manual and tutorial, and ended up writing
> one by myself. I basically explain how to get a simple website with a
> header, a couple of tabs and some content working in a very short time.

Thank you

> Thing is I'm not a native speaker neither a Seaside expert, which leads me
> to think I must have committed some mistakes. I'd really appreciate it very
> much if you could give an eye to the following link and correct it... I
> promise it's very short!
>
> http://pastie.org/434108

It looks good. Short and to the point.

> In case you never used pastie before, you have an 'edit' anchor at the right
> of the text :)
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Bernat.

Miguel Cobá

Re: A little HowTo

Philippe Marschall
2009/4/1 AxiNat <[hidden email]>:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a computer science student at the last year of my degree, and my
> capstone project consists in building a website using Seaside. I've read
> pretty much every existing howto, manual and tutorial, and ended up writing
> one by myself. I basically explain how to get a simple website with a
> header, a couple of tabs and some content working in a very short time.
>
> Thing is I'm not a native speaker neither a Seaside expert, which leads me
> to think I must have committed some mistakes. I'd really appreciate it very
> much if you could give an eye to the following link and correct it... I
> promise it's very short!
>
> http://pastie.org/434108
>
> In case you never used pastie before, you have an 'edit' anchor at the right
> of the text :)
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!

I'm missing the #children method.

html paragraph; render: each value.
html paragraph

What is the purpose of these empty paragraphs? You don't use
paragraphs for spacing, do you?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: A little HowTo

Bernat Romagosa
I use this empty paragraph to separate a section from the next one, from your question I'm guessing that's not the best way to do it? :)

2009/4/2 Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
2009/4/1 AxiNat <[hidden email]>:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a computer science student at the last year of my degree, and my
> capstone project consists in building a website using Seaside. I've read
> pretty much every existing howto, manual and tutorial, and ended up writing
> one by myself. I basically explain how to get a simple website with a
> header, a couple of tabs and some content working in a very short time.
>
> Thing is I'm not a native speaker neither a Seaside expert, which leads me
> to think I must have committed some mistakes. I'd really appreciate it very
> much if you could give an eye to the following link and correct it... I
> promise it's very short!
>
> http://pastie.org/434108
>
> In case you never used pastie before, you have an 'edit' anchor at the right
> of the text :)
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!

I'm missing the #children method.

html paragraph; render: each value.
html paragraph

What is the purpose of these empty paragraphs? You don't use
paragraphs for spacing, do you?

Cheers
Philippe

You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize.

Re: A little HowTo

drush66

If you put each section in its own paragraph or div than you do not need an extra p between them. If you would like to separate them visualy then prefered way would be through css.

rush
http://www.cloud208.com/

--
You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize.

Re: A little HowTo

Bernat Romagosa
Thanks everybody for your tips and comments.

From now on, this howto is hosted in http://smalltalk.cat/blog/ please make your comments there so that everyone else can benefit from them :)