A little quizzzzzzz : find the problem :)

A little quizzzzzzz : find the problem :)

Stéphane Ducasse
fileStream
        "Answer the file stream with position set at the beginning of my string.
        Answer a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
        multiple processes."

        | theFile |
        (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) == nil]) ifTrue: [^ nil].
        theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
        theFile position: filePositionHi.
        ^ theFile

string
        "Answer the receiver's string if remote files are enabled.
        Use a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
        multiple processes."

        | theFile |
        (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) == nil]) ifTrue: [^''].
        theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
        ^[theFile position: filePositionHi.
        theFile nextChunk] ensure: [theFile close]

text
        "Answer the receiver's string asText if remote files are enabled.
        Use a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
        multiple processes."

        | theFile |
        (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) == nil]) ifTrue: [^ nil].
        theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
        ^[theFile position: filePositionHi.
        theFile position > theFile size ifTrue: [
                self error: 'RemoteString past end of file' ].
        theFile nextChunkText] ensure: [theFile close]

I imagine a good soul could fix that and nicely published in the inbox :)

Stef Did I say something negative about the past :)

Re: A little quizzzzzzz : find the problem :)

of course!
Stef

On Mar 28, 2010, at 9:18 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> fileStream
> "Answer the file stream with position set at the beginning of my string.
> Answer a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
> multiple processes."
>
> | theFile |
> (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) == nil]) ifTrue: [^ nil].
> theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
> theFile position: filePositionHi.
> ^ theFile
>
> string
> "Answer the receiver's string if remote files are enabled.
> Use a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
> multiple processes."
>
> | theFile |
> (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) == nil]) ifTrue: [^''].
> theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
> ^[theFile position: filePositionHi.
> theFile nextChunk] ensure: [theFile close]
>

> text
> "Answer the receiver's string asText if remote files are enabled.
> Use a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
> multiple processes."
>
> | theFile |
> (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) == nil]) ifTrue: [^ nil].
> theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
> ^[theFile position: filePositionHi.
> theFile position > theFile size ifTrue: [
> self error: 'RemoteString past end of file' ].
> theFile nextChunkText] ensure: [theFile close]
>
> I imagine a good soul could fix that and nicely published in the inbox :)
>
> Stef Did I say something negative about the past :)

Re: A little quizzzzzzz : find the problem :)

Henrik Sperre Johansen
And here I was, thinking you were talking of copy-pasted code instead
of reuse ;P

Btw, there's no way that test should be true unless you have a messed
up changes file caused by a botched truncate or something...

Cheers,
Henry

Den 28. mars 2010 kl. 21.20 skrev Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]
r>:

> of course!
> Stef
>
> On Mar 28, 2010, at 9:18 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> fileStream
>>    "Answer the file stream with position set at the beginning of my
>> string.
>>    Answer a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
>>    multiple processes."
>>
>>    | theFile |
>>    (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber)
>> == nil]) ifTrue: [^ nil].
>>    theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
>>    theFile position: filePositionHi.
>>    ^ theFile
>>
>> string
>>    "Answer the receiver's string if remote files are enabled.
>>    Use a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
>>    multiple processes."
>>
>>    | theFile |
>>    (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber)
>> == nil]) ifTrue: [^''].
>>    theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
>>    ^[theFile position: filePositionHi.
>>    theFile nextChunk] ensure: [theFile close]
>>

>> text
>>    "Answer the receiver's string asText if remote files are enabled.
>>    Use a read only copy to avoid syntax errors when accessed via
>>    multiple processes."
>>
>>    | theFile |
>>    (sourceFileNumber == nil or: [(SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber)
>> == nil]) ifTrue: [^ nil].
>>    theFile := (SourceFiles at: sourceFileNumber) readOnlyCopy.
>>    ^[theFile position: filePositionHi.
>>    theFile position > theFile size ifTrue: [
>>        self error: 'RemoteString past end of file' ].
>>    theFile nextChunkText] ensure: [theFile close]
>>
>> I imagine a good soul could fix that and nicely published in the
>> inbox :)
>>
>> Stef Did I say something negative about the past :)

Re: A little quizzzzzzz : find the problem :)

Nicolas Cellier
2010/3/28 Henrik Johansen <[hidden email]>:
> And here I was, thinking you were talking of copy-pasted code instead of
> reuse ;P
>
> Btw, there's no way that test should be true unless you have a messed up
> changes file caused by a botched truncate or something...

something like a registered BlockClosure action retaining some
obsolete sourcePointer after a condenseChanges ?

Nicolas