A mentoring course ComplexCondition implementation

A mentoring course ComplexCondition implementation

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello,

In A Mentoring Course in Smalltalk, Andr es Valloud explains a really good implementation of and API to deal with complex conditions, is there any implementation of this (or similar) on Pharo?

Regards,
Vitor

Re: A mentoring course ComplexCondition implementation

Andres Valloud-4
For a different take, check out the '::' chain syntax in Cuis.  It's not
exactly the same as complex conditions, but it accomplishes some of the
same goals.  For example,

        [a], [b], [c] ifAllTrue: [z]

becomes

        [a]
                :: and: [b]
                :: and: [c]
                ifTrue: [z]

Some of the other features of complex conditions are more difficult to
replicate with the chain syntax.

Andres.

On 9/20/18 11:02 , Vitor Medina Cruz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In A Mentoring Course in Smalltalk, Andr es Valloud explains a really
> good implementation of and API to deal with complex conditions, is there
> any implementation of this (or similar) on Pharo?
>
> Regards,
> Vitor

Re: A mentoring course ComplexCondition implementation

Vitor Medina Cruz
Why? I found your take excelent. :)

I was thinking of implementing it and put on a lib if it was not implemented anywhere yet.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 1:36 PM Andres Valloud <[hidden email]> wrote:
For a different take, check out the '::' chain syntax in Cuis.  It's not
exactly the same as complex conditions, but it accomplishes some of the
same goals.  For example,

        [a], [b], [c] ifAllTrue: [z]

becomes

        [a]
                :: and: [b]
                :: and: [c]
                ifTrue: [z]

Some of the other features of complex conditions are more difficult to
replicate with the chain syntax.

Andres.

On 9/20/18 11:02 , Vitor Medina Cruz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In A Mentoring Course in Smalltalk, Andr es Valloud explains a really
> good implementation of and API to deal with complex conditions, is there
> any implementation of this (or similar) on Pharo?
>
> Regards,
> Vitor

Re: A mentoring course ComplexCondition implementation

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Vitor Medina Cruz wrote
> I found your take excelent. :)

+100 :)

Vitor Medina Cruz wrote
> I was thinking of implementing it and put on a lib if it was not
> implemented anywhere yet.

http://www.squeaksource.com/ComplexCondition.html

I've used it before, but not recently. IIRC it worked fine.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: A mentoring course ComplexCondition implementation

Vitor Medina Cruz
Thanks Sean! Seems to be working fine! :)

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 10:16 PM Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vitor Medina Cruz wrote
> I found your take excelent. :)

+100 :)

Vitor Medina Cruz wrote