A new Smalltalk mailing-list

SergeStinckwich
Hi all,
french Smalltalkers (Squeakers, Pharoers, VWers, GnuSTers, ...) have
now a new mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/smalltalk-fr

The archive of the mailing-list is available on nabble :
http://n3.nabble.com/smalltalk-fr-f471484.html

This mailing-list replace the old Squeak-fr mailing list.

Best regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

Ken Causey-3
Does that mean the old list

should now be deleted?

Ken

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 22:16 +0700, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Hi all,
> french Smalltalkers (Squeakers, Pharoers, VWers, GnuSTers, ...) have
> now a new mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/smalltalk-fr
>
> The archive of the mailing-list is available on nabble :
> http://n3.nabble.com/smalltalk-fr-f471484.html
>
> This mailing-list replace the old Squeak-fr mailing list.
>
> Best regards,

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

SergeStinckwich
No, we can keep the archive for historical purpose ;-)

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

Ken Causey-3
OK, but that's a separate issue.  Deleting the list does not necessarily
delete the archive, it simply eliminates the membership list and of
course the ability to receive and relay new messages.  If you are not
going to use the list any more I really do need to close/delete it, at
which point I can leave the archive in place or send it to you.

Ken

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:30 +0700, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> No, we can keep the archive for historical purpose ;-)
>
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Does that mean the old list

> > should now be deleted?
> >
> > Ken
> >
> > On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 22:16 +0700, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> french Smalltalkers (Squeakers, Pharoers, VWers, GnuSTers, ...) have
> >> now a new mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/smalltalk-fr
> >>
> >> The archive of the mailing-list is available on nabble :
> >> http://n3.nabble.com/smalltalk-fr-f471484.html
> >>
> >> This mailing-list replace the old Squeak-fr mailing list.
> >>
> >> Best regards,

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

stephane ducasse-2
Ken I imagine that serge was not aware of that possibility,  close it and we keep the archive.

Stef

On Mar 26, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Ken Causey wrote:

> OK, but that's a separate issue.  Deleting the list does not necessarily
> delete the archive, it simply eliminates the membership list and of
> course the ability to receive and relay new messages.  If you are not
> going to use the list any more I really do need to close/delete it, at
> which point I can leave the archive in place or send it to you.
>
> Ken
>
> On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:30 +0700, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>> No, we can keep the archive for historical purpose ;-)
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Does that mean the old list

>>> should now be deleted?
>>>
>>> Ken

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

SergeStinckwich
Yes can we wait until everyone migrate to the new mailing-list ?
Thank you.

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

Ken Causey-3
Sure, just let me know.

Ken

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 17:30 +0700, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
> Yes can we wait until everyone migrate to the new mailing-list ?
> Thank you.

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

Chris Muller-3
Ken, I would like to get copies of all of the list-archives for a
Magma indexing experiment.  Do you know how I may get those?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, but that's a separate issue.  Deleting the list does not necessarily
> delete the archive, it simply eliminates the membership list and of
> course the ability to receive and relay new messages.  If you are not
> going to use the list any more I really do need to close/delete it, at
> which point I can leave the archive in place or send it to you.
>
> Ken
>
> On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:30 +0700, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>> No, we can keep the archive for historical purpose ;-)
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Does that mean the old list

>> > should now be deleted?
>> >
>> > Ken

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

hernanmd
Hi Chris,
  I have most of them downloaded with a script, let me know if you
still want the file. For Squeak related lists are ~ 360Mb
uncompressed.
Cheers,

Hernán

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 19:30 -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> Ken, I would like to get copies of all of the list-archives for a
> Magma indexing experiment.  Do you know how I may get those?

Well first, all public lists have links on their archive index pages to
download the content on a month by month basis.  If you want the whole
kit and kaboodle in one lump though, the question becomes how I transfer
to you about a gigabyte of content.

Ken

Re: A new Smalltalk mailing-list

Chris Muller-4
Ok, I can probably use Hernán's script or write one to download them.
But does anyone know if they are in a documented format or would I
just have to examine the file to guess what delimiters are being used?

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 13:33 -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> Ok, I can probably use Hernán's script or write one to download them.
> But does anyone know if they are in a documented format or would I
> just have to examine the file to guess what delimiters are being used?

The full archives on the server are stored in mbox format, I'm not
certain but I assume the individual monthly sections are the same as
that is quite easy to do.

Ken