A "official" web client for Cuis?

garduino
Hi Folks:

I'm wondering which web client could be worth to maintain and adopt as the official for Cuis.

In a first evaluation seems that Zinc es the best one, including also SSL support via Zodiac, but also seems very tied to Pharo (I'm asking some additional details to Sven, because as I'm not using Pharo anymore, I am not up to date with the latest news).

But, as the work needed is considerable, I decided to ask here about opinions and also if someone is interested in share this job.

Regards
Germán.

Re: A "official" web client for Cuis?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Germán.

Thank you for asking. I think the person who does the porting effort
(you?) should decide.

SSL support is indeed important.

Regards
Hannes

On 8/30/13, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I'm wondering which web client could be worth to maintain and adopt as the
> official for Cuis.
>
> In a first evaluation seems that Zinc es the best one, including also SSL
> support via Zodiac, but also seems very tied to Pharo (I'm asking some
> additional details to Sven, because as I'm not using Pharo anymore, I am
> not up to date with the latest news).
>
> But, as the work needed is considerable, I decided to ask here about
> opinions and also if someone is interested in share this job.
>
> Regards
> Germán.

Re: A "official" web client for Cuis?

garduino
HI Hannes:

Well, I've a roadmap to use Cuis as my main tool for my MicroISV style of work and one thing that I need is to make use of the API of Google Drive.

To develop a Cuis client for GDrive using the API I should have a complete web client and indeed, with SSL support.

Zinc look as the well maintained client in our days...but seems very coupled to Pharo, I'm evaluating right now....

Thanks for your response!

2013/8/30 H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
Hello Germán.

Thank you for asking. I think the person who does the porting effort
(you?) should decide.

SSL support is indeed important.

Regards
Hannes

On 8/30/13, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I'm wondering which web client could be worth to maintain and adopt as the
> official for Cuis.
>
> In a first evaluation seems that Zinc es the best one, including also SSL
> support via Zodiac, but also seems very tied to Pharo (I'm asking some
> additional details to Sven, because as I'm not using Pharo anymore, I am
> not up to date with the latest news).
>
> But, as the work needed is considerable, I decided to ask here about
> opinions and also if someone is interested in share this job.
>
> Regards
> Germán.

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino