A question about Gofer

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

I would like to know if Gofer is also working deconnected.
I often work in places where internet connection is not working and I
would love
to see my loading scripts checking my local cache for loading packages.

If this is not there yet, Lukas may be I could add this features to
Gofer?

Re: A question about Gofer

Lukas Renggli
> I would like to know if Gofer is also working deconnected.

If you specify a local repository, then yes. Otherwise Gofer currently
requires the repository to be accessible.

> I often work in places where internet connection is not working and I
> would love
> to see my loading scripts checking my local cache for loading packages.

Checking multiple repositories leads to even worse unpeedictable
behavior, when no exact version is specified.

> If this is not there yet, Lukas may be I could add this features to
> Gofer?

It can already be done when specifying a repository group. The API
needs to be improved to coveniently use it though.

Lukas

> Stef

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: A question about Gofer

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jul 30, 2009, at 9:15 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> I would like to know if Gofer is also working deconnected.
>
> If you specify a local repository, then yes. Otherwise Gofer currently
> requires the repository to be accessible.

I always have a local one.

>> I often work in places where internet connection is not working and I
>> would love
>> to see my loading scripts checking my local cache for loading
>> packages.
>
> Checking multiple repositories leads to even worse unpeedictable
> behavior, when no exact version is specified.

Yes I imagine. Usually I only have one and my cache

>> If this is not there yet, Lukas may be I could add this features to
>> Gofer?
>
> It can already be done when specifying a repository group. The API
> needs to be improved to coveniently use it though.

Ok I will try to find some time before esug to have a look at that.