A question about dependencies and configurations

A question about dependencies and configurations

Sergi Reyner
I am creating a web interface for chromia using Seaside. I would like to have it as a separate package, so chromia can be loaded without pulling Seaside in.

Would I have ConfigurationOfChromia and ConfigurationOfChromiaWeb, the latter depending on the former?

Cheers,
Sergi

Re: A question about dependencies and configurations

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 21 Mar 2014, at 14:32, Sergi Reyner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am creating a web interface for chromia using Seaside. I would like to have it as a separate package, so chromia can be loaded without pulling Seaside in.
>
> Would I have ConfigurationOfChromia and ConfigurationOfChromiaWeb, the latter depending on the former?

Yes, that is one way to do it, a bit more work for you, less for your users. Another solution is to work with groups in one configuration.

> Cheers,
> Sergi

Re: A question about dependencies and configurations

Esteban A. Maringolo

> On 21 Mar 2014, at 14:32, Sergi Reyner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am creating a web interface for chromia using Seaside. I would like to have it as a separate package, so chromia can be loaded without pulling Seaside in.
>>
>> Would I have ConfigurationOfChromia and ConfigurationOfChromiaWeb, the latter depending on the former?
>
> Another solution is to work with groups in one configuration.

As far as the Seaside and Core packages are distinct, I'd support the
groups in the same configuration.

Esteban A. Maringolo