A question concerning Nautilus

Rene Paul Mages (ramix)
Hello,

In the chapter 2 ( A quick tour of Pharo )  of this book :

https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/UpdatedPharoByExample

     we can read :

http://ramix.org/pharo/UpdatePBE/TheSystemBrowser.png

When I "do it" the following code Nautilus don't open on the method
factorial :

http://ramix.org/pharo/UpdatePBE/Nautilus.png

I am running Pharo version 8.0. under a 64 bits Linux machine.

--
Thanks for your help
Rene Paul Mages ( GnuPG_key 0x9840A6F7 )

Re: A question concerning Nautilus

hernanmd
Hi Rene,

Nautilus was replaced in Pharo 8 by Calypso (ClyFullBrowser)

Cheers,

Hernán

El lun., 13 jul. 2020 a las 11:42, Rene Paul Mages (ramix) (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hello,

In the chapter 2 ( A quick tour of Pharo )  of this book :

https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/UpdatedPharoByExample

     we can read :

http://ramix.org/pharo/UpdatePBE/TheSystemBrowser.png

When I "do it" the following code Nautilus don't open on the method
factorial :

http://ramix.org/pharo/UpdatePBE/Nautilus.png

I am running Pharo version 8.0. under a 64 bits Linux machine.

--
Thanks for your help
Rene Paul Mages ( GnuPG_key 0x9840A6F7 )
http://www.pharo.fr
http://www.linux-azur.org/ramix
http://twitter.com/RenePaulMages

Re: A question concerning Nautilus

SergeStinckwich
Hi René,

use instead:

ClyFullBrowser openOnMethod: Integer >> #factorial

Book should be updated for Pharo 8 :-)
Regards,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 10:42 PM Rene Paul Mages (ramix) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

In the chapter 2 ( A quick tour of Pharo )  of this book :

https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/UpdatedPharoByExample

     we can read :

http://ramix.org/pharo/UpdatePBE/TheSystemBrowser.png

When I "do it" the following code Nautilus don't open on the method
factorial :

http://ramix.org/pharo/UpdatePBE/Nautilus.png

I am running Pharo version 8.0. under a 64 bits Linux machine.

--
Thanks for your help
Rene Paul Mages ( GnuPG_key 0x9840A6F7 )
http://www.pharo.fr
http://www.linux-azur.org/ramix
http://twitter.com/RenePaulMages

--
Serge Stinckwic
​h​
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: A question concerning Nautilus

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks I will check PBE8

S.

On 14 Jul 2020, at 03:58, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

France

Re: A question concerning Nautilus

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Is there a "Pharo By Example 8" pdf document that can be downloaded?

Re: A question concerning Nautilus

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
I found the pdf of PBE 8, but it is the last change.  The current build of
PBE 8 failed.

Re: A question concerning Nautilus

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks I will check this since I’m working on it.