A quick primer on Moose Hapax basics (Moose-Algos-InformationRetrieval)

A quick primer on Moose Hapax basics (Moose-Algos-InformationRetrieval)

simondenier
Hi all

Since I'm in the process of discovering/evaluating the Moose tools in Moose-Algos-InformationRetrieval, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a small tutorial about what can be done and how to use it.

http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/moosealgos/vocabulary

These tools are built primarily for vocabulary analysis of any document and corpus of documents. There are basic yet allow one to extract interesting information. Of course comments are welcomed.

Notice that this does not contain the full Hapax tool suite. The port of Hapax to Pharo is here http://www.squeaksource.com/Hapax.html but development is halted and will not continue unless a specific need arises (first things first, tests need to be written)

--
Simon Denier

Re: A quick primer on Moose Hapax basics (Moose-Algos-InformationRetrieval)

abergel
Really cool!
This is a nice piece of work! Thanks for this description.

Alexandre

On 26 Aug 2011, at 11:18, Simon Denier wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Since I'm in the process of discovering/evaluating the Moose tools in Moose-Algos-InformationRetrieval, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a small tutorial about what can be done and how to use it.
>
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/moosealgos/vocabulary
>
> These tools are built primarily for vocabulary analysis of any document and corpus of documents. There are basic yet allow one to extract interesting information. Of course comments are welcomed.
>
> Notice that this does not contain the full Hapax tool suite. The port of Hapax to Pharo is here http://www.squeaksource.com/Hapax.html but development is halted and will not continue unless a specific need arises (first things first, tests need to be written)
>
> --
> Simon Denier

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: A quick primer on Moose Hapax basics (Moose-Algos-InformationRetrieval)

Tudor Girba-2
Very nice indeed!

Thanks, Simon. This kind of effort is really valuable.

I moved the two moose algos pages to /docs.

Cheers,
Doru

On 26 Aug 2011, at 17:02, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Really cool!
> This is a nice piece of work! Thanks for this description.
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 26 Aug 2011, at 11:18, Simon Denier wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Since I'm in the process of discovering/evaluating the Moose tools in Moose-Algos-InformationRetrieval, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a small tutorial about what can be done and how to use it.
>>
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/moosealgos/vocabulary
>>
>> These tools are built primarily for vocabulary analysis of any document and corpus of documents. There are basic yet allow one to extract interesting information. Of course comments are welcomed.
>>
>> Notice that this does not contain the full Hapax tool suite. The port of Hapax to Pharo is here http://www.squeaksource.com/Hapax.html but development is halted and will not continue unless a specific need arises (first things first, tests need to be written)
>>
>> --
>> Simon Denier

www.tudorgirba.com

"Live like you mean it."

Re: A quick primer on Moose Hapax basics (Moose-Algos-InformationRetrieval)

good idea.

Stef