A russian-chars input problem

Dennis Schetinin
I use pharo0.1-10268web09.04.1.image.

Unable to type in some russian capital letters (specifically 'О', 'Л' , 'Ч' and 'Т') which are Shift+ J, K, X and N accordingly (in russian layout ofcourse).

Shift+J seems to be just ignored.
Shift+K opens World menu.
Shift+X gives a pair of apostophes ('').
Shift+N gives a pair of quotes ("").

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: A russian-chars input problem

Stéphane Ducasse
Dennis please
take the latest core and update.

Stef

On Apr 29, 2009, at 8:53 AM, Dennis Schetinin wrote:

> I use pharo0.1-10268web09.04.1.image.
>
> Unable to type in some russian capital letters (specifically 'О',
> 'Л' , 'Ч' and 'Т') which are Shift+ J, K, X and N accordingly (in
> russian layout ofcourse).
>
> Shift+J seems to be just ignored.
> Shift+K opens World menu.
> Shift+X gives a pair of apostophes ('').
> Shift+N gives a pair of quotes ("").
>
> --
> Dennis Schetinin

Re: A russian-chars input problem

Dennis Schetinin
Dennis please
take the latest core and update.

Unfortunately, I can't do it right now as I use Pharo for some project which is itself a 'free-time' one. So I have absolutely no time for experiments right now. But if it's already fixed (and even if it is not), thanks for the work, guys. It's the first time I can use Squeak for (more or less) serious work without constant pain in... head and other parts of my body :).

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: A russian-chars input problem

Igor Stasenko
2009/4/29 Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]>:
>> Dennis please
>> take the latest core and update.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't do it right now as I use Pharo for some project which
> is itself a 'free-time' one. So I have absolutely no time for experiments
> right now. But if it's already fixed (and even if it is not), thanks for the
> work, guys. It's the first time I can use Squeak for (more or less) serious
> work without constant pain in... head and other parts of my body :).

Without pain you will not get satisfaction when you finish doing something. :)

> --
> Dennis Schetinin

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: A russian-chars input problem

Just noticed that pharo is not even in beta.
Stef