A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Guillaume Larcheveque
Does something exists because I looked and don't find anything.

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Frank Shearar-3
On 22 February 2013 15:45, Guillaume Larcheveque
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does something exists because I looked and don't find anything.

Something like these?
* http://map.squeak.org/package/b546b6af-984e-4e89-a7a5-875ce0435710
* http://map.squeak.org/package/8664cb28-916b-4e8a-8cd6-b6db73f5024c

frank

Re: A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Marcus Denker-4

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:45 PM, Guillaume Larcheveque <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does something exists because I looked and don't find anything.

There is the old Units code…

I will move it to SmallatlkHub on the weekend.

Marcus

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Ben Coman
Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 22 February 2013 15:45, Guillaume Larcheveque
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Does something exists because I looked and don't find anything.
>>

> Something like these?
> * http://map.squeak.org/package/b546b6af-984e-4e89-a7a5-875ce0435710
> * http://map.squeak.org/package/8664cb28-916b-4e8a-8cd6-b6db73f5024c
>
> frank

I had Aconcagua running on Pharo a year ago before I got sidetracked.
Can't remember if or what I needed to tweak, but I found a mcz with my
name on it.

cheers -ben

Aconcagua-BenComan.2.10.mcz (166K) Download Attachment

Re: A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Yes, I was going to suggest that.
Maybe Hernan can say more.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Maximiliano Taborda
Hi Stef, people.

Maybe is a little late to answer to this, but I already migrate Aconcagua, and Chalten too, to SmalltalkHub.
Here:

Regards.
Maxi

<[hidden email]> wrote:

Does something exists because I looked and don't find anything.

Something like these?
* http://map.squeak.org/package/b546b6af-984e-4e89-a7a5-875ce0435710
* http://map.squeak.org/package/8664cb28-916b-4e8a-8cd6-b6db73f5024c

frank

I had Aconcagua running on Pharo a year ago before I got sidetracked.  Can't remember if or what I needed to tweak, but I found a mcz with my name on it.

cheers -ben

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Igor Stasenko
On 30 July 2013 16:23, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Stef, people.
>
> Maybe is a little late to answer to this, but I already migrate Aconcagua,
> and Chalten too, to SmalltalkHub.
> Here:
>      http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~maxi/Aconcagua
>      http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~maxi/Chalten

.. and lurkers do all the hard work :)

Hi, mr. Lurker. Please can you tell us about yourself , so we can
welcome you properly?

:)

> Regards.
> Maxi
>

> 2013/2/24 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Yes I would like to migrate Aconcagua to SmalltalkHub :)
>>
>> On Feb 23, 2013, at 3:47 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I was going to suggest that.
>> Maybe Hernan can say more.

>>> I had Aconcagua running on Pharo a year ago before I got sidetracked.
>>> Can't remember if or what I needed to tweak, but I found a mcz with my name
>>> on it.
>>>
>>> cheers -ben
>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Excellent!
I love so much Aconcagua.
Did you publish the configuration into the metaRepo?

Stef

<[hidden email]> wrote:

Does something exists because I looked and don't find anything.

Something like these?
* http://map.squeak.org/package/b546b6af-984e-4e89-a7a5-875ce0435710
* http://map.squeak.org/package/8664cb28-916b-4e8a-8cd6-b6db73f5024c

frank

I had Aconcagua running on Pharo a year ago before I got sidetracked.  Can't remember if or what I needed to tweak, but I found a mcz with my name on it.

cheers -ben

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Maximiliano Taborda
Hi Igor,

Something about me.
Well, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm fan of the greatest football  team in the world: Boca Juniors. And I'm a smalltalker since early of the 2000.

I'd been working with Hernan (WiIkinson) when we develop the ancestors of Aconcagua and Chalten for one of the financial applications of the company for wich we work.
Then, when I starts my thesis work, I migrate these two frameworks from VisualAge to other Smalltalk flavors (VisualWorks, Squeak/Pharo). When we publish both frameworks, we named as Aconcagua to the measure model and Chalten to the gregorian dates model.
Then, specificly for my thesis, I extended this initial version of Chalten with more abstractions, calendars, behavior and other stuff.

Now, a couple of months ago, I upload both models to SmalltalkHub with some packages renamed and with the implementation of ConfigurationOfAconcagua and ConfigurationOfChalten for loading it in a easy way.

Regards.
Maxi.

2013/7/30 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>
On 30 July 2013 16:23, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Stef, people.
>
> Maybe is a little late to answer to this, but I already migrate Aconcagua,
> and Chalten too, to SmalltalkHub.
> Here:
>      http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~maxi/Aconcagua
>      http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~maxi/Chalten

.. and lurkers do all the hard work :)

Hi, mr. Lurker. Please can you tell us about yourself , so we can
welcome you properly?

:)

> Regards.
> Maxi
>

> 2013/2/24 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Yes I would like to migrate Aconcagua to SmalltalkHub :)
>>
>> On Feb 23, 2013, at 3:47 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I was going to suggest that.
>> Maybe Hernan can say more.

>>> I had Aconcagua running on Pharo a year ago before I got sidetracked.
>>> Can't remember if or what I needed to tweak, but I found a mcz with my name
>>> on it.
>>>
>>> cheers -ben
>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Maximiliano Taborda
No, but I could do it in these days.
In SmalltalkHub I found the MetaRepoForPharo30 (for a 3.0 image) but not the one for a 2.0 image, ¿where is it?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

Does something exists because I looked and don't find anything.

Something like these?
* http://map.squeak.org/package/b546b6af-984e-4e89-a7a5-875ce0435710
* http://map.squeak.org/package/8664cb28-916b-4e8a-8cd6-b6db73f5024c

frank

I had Aconcagua running on Pharo a year ago before I got sidetracked.  Can't remember if or what I needed to tweak, but I found a mcz with my name on it.

cheers -ben

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

philippeback

---
Philippe Back
Dramatic Performance Improvements
Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value Added Reseller

On 31 July 2013 00:00, Maximiliano Taborda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Igor,
>
> Something about me.
> Well, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm fan of the greatest football
> team in the world: Boca Juniors. And I'm a smalltalker since early of the
> 2000.

So, you been around for quite a while? :)
Or it is just me, who never seen your name in list?

Anyways, nice to see people doing useful stuff.

> I'd been working with Hernan (WiIkinson) when we develop the ancestors of
> Aconcagua and Chalten for one of the financial applications of the company
> for wich we work.
> Then, when I starts my thesis work, I migrate these two frameworks from
> VisualAge to other Smalltalk flavors (VisualWorks, Squeak/Pharo). When we
> publish both frameworks, we named as Aconcagua to the measure model and
> Chalten to the gregorian dates model.
> Then, specificly for my thesis, I extended this initial version of Chalten
> with more abstractions, calendars, behavior and other stuff.
>
> Now, a couple of months ago, I upload both models to SmalltalkHub with some
> packages renamed and with the implementation of ConfigurationOfAconcagua and
> ConfigurationOfChalten for loading it in a easy way.

Thanks for giving us some info :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Maximiliano Taborda
Its not just you, I don't used to write to the lists.

Phil, thanks for the repo location.
Stef, Aconcagua and Chalten are now on the 2.0 metaRepo.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent!

Stef

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-project] A solution to manage units like inches and centimeters in Pharo?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Maximiliano Taborda wrote
There is also http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~HernanWilkinson/Aconcagua

Most importantly, which should be considered canonical? Also, from which version of the original Aconcagua package did you extract all the Aconcagua-* packages? Finally, out of curiosity why did you break the package up into so many pieces (besides to isolate the tests)?
Cheers,
Sean