A stopwatch tool with calendar support

kilon.alios
So my story goes a bit like this, I keep track of the time I spend doing 3d graphics practice and I keep calendar to make sure I spend at least 30 hours per week practicing 3d graphics.

But I was bored doing it with pencil and paper and a stopwatch and I thought it would be way cooler to make a tool in Pharo that is able to do this. Basically just a stopwatch that records on the calendar my times.

Took very little time to find how to do this ,  it was as simple as

watch := Stopwatch new. watch activate. watch end. watch duration . watch suspend. ​ label := LabelMorph new. [[label contents: watch asString]repeat]fork. ​ label openInWindow.

I plan to make this part of my Ephestos project and I was wondering if anyone would want this as a separate tool or there is already something doing similar thing around.

Re: A stopwatch tool with calendar support

Peter Uhnak
I use regular Spreadsheet for this... although my problem is that if I quickly switch between tasks or if I drown in some big problem I forget to update it...

But having it in pharo would be interesting.

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

yes obviously there are tons of non pharo tools out there . But since I find coding fun and I rather create something I can control and extend hence my interest in a pharo implementation.

I was just wondering if there is anything remotely similar, seems Pomodoro is a simple timer but other than that, cant say I find anything more. Ok I will proceed and make it a installable tool via Catalog Browser from inside Pharo, will keep you posted :)

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 5:36 PM Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jimmie Houchin-5
This is one of the things I love about Pharo and over time hope to see more of.

I would love to see apps in Pharo which are equal and better to native OS apps. I would love to see the day that a high percentage of what we want to do can be done from within our Pharo environment. Thus leaving the OS simply as a layer between Pharo and the hardware. A necessary tool, expedient for the time. At least until we have a PharoOS.

This would allow us to have a very portable computing experience. And we would care if we are on Linux, Windows, or MacOS. Somewhat similar to the way you have window managers or graphical toolkits in Linux. Maybe even get to the place I can put this on top of a nice NetBSD and have very few requirements outside of the main OS and Pharo.

Just a dream of mine. One that I plan to contribute to.

Jimmie