AIDA 6 running in Dolphin 6

BrunoBB

Hi all,

I’m glad to announce that AIDA v6 is running on Dolphin 6  (beta version).

The port is based on AIDA Visual Works version.

I used the packages Sport and Swazoo from Seaside 3.0 port to Dolphin (from Infoil - thanks).

All test are green, but I will do further testing these days.

Pending:

  • Integration with Sport, all modified methods are in Dolphin special package and not as a part of Sport (not big deal).

In the next days Janko will upload the packages to AIDA site (beta version).

I have running an AIDA site version 6 in my Dolphin image with no problems so far…

Regards,

Bruno

PS: Thank to Janko !

Re: AIDA 6 running in Dolphin 6

Herbert König
Hi Bruno,

BBB> I’m glad to announce that AIDA v6 is running onDolphin 6  (beta version).
Great!

does it include scribo and aida charts?

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: AIDA 6 running in Dolphin 6

BrunoBB
Herbert,

Not yet. But I think (not sure) Scribo will run fine because depends on
AIDA.

I think both packages can be ported easily, Janko will know better than
me...

Regards,
Bruno

BBB> I’m glad to announce that AIDA v6 is running onDolphin 6  (beta
version).
Great!

does it include scribo and aida charts?

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

07:32:00

Re: AIDA 6 running in Dolphin 6

Janko Mivšek

Bruno Buzzi Brassesco wrote:

> Not yet. But I think (not sure) Scribo will run fine because depends on
> AIDA.
>
> I think both packages can be ported easily, Janko will know better than
> me...

First let me congratulate and say thanks to Bruno for that port. I also
hope that this can boost a morale of Dolphiners a bit, so that they will
continue with their Smalltalk.

About Scribo port, because it is based on Sport too, it should be easy
to port as well. While AidaCharts are just JavaScript from Smalltalk
anyway ... :)

Best regards
Janko

> Regards,
> Bruno

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: AIDA 6 running in Dolphin 6

The Viking-2

I'm also impressed. I can't wait for it. Mind you, I've yet to learn a
lot about AIDA, let alone running it under Dolphin.

Regards, The Viking

Re: AIDA 6 running in Dolphin 6

Janko Mivšek
Hi Eric,

Eric Gillespie wrote:

> I'm also impressed. I can't wait for it. Mind you, I've yet to learn a
> lot about AIDA, let alone running it under Dolphin.

Welcome to the Aida world and I'm sure you're enjoy here :)

Best regards
Janko