AIDA/Scribo for company site

david54
Is AIDA/Scribo solid enough that a Smalltalker could reasonably use it for a small company site?

-david

Re: AIDA/Scribo for company site

Janko Mivšek
Hi David, welcome to the list!

David Pennell wrote:
> Is AIDA/Scribo solid enough that a Smalltalker could reasonably use it
> for a small company site?

Definitely! It runs now quite frequent Squeak website
http//www.squeak.org, therefore is capable of running any company
website, except maybe really big ones.

I'm also running my company website http://www.eranova.si on Scribo and
such site is really easy to maintain with it.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: AIDA/Scribo for company site

david54
Thanks - you may want soften up the statement in http://www.aidaweb.si/scribo/faq.html

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David, welcome to the list!

David Pennell wrote:
> Thanks - you may want soften up the statement
> in http://www.aidaweb.si/scribo/faq.html

Done:

1. Is Scribo stable ?

Scribo is quite stable already because it is based on 5 years of work
from commercial CMS called BiArt. Another proof is running the quite
frequent Squeak website. What is still under development currently is
more end-user friendliness, specially concerning the configuration of
Scribo and its plugins without programming.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: AIDA/Scribo for company site

Nicolas Petton
On sam, 2008-10-04 at 15:27 -0500, David Pennell wrote:
> Is AIDA/Scribo solid enough that a Smalltalker could reasonably use it
> for a small company site?

Yes, it is solid enough, and several sites already use it
(http://www.swazoo.org, http://www.eranova.si, http://www.squeak.org,
www.aidaweb.si, http://scribo.aidaweb.si, etc).

But even if it's quite stable already, Scribo 1.0 and AIDA 6.0 are under
active development, and new dev versions are not backward compatible. So
you can use it, but be aware of that.

One example of that is that if you start the one click image with AIDA
6.0 beta1 and Scribo 1.0 beta1 and update to latest versions, your
Scribo sites won't work out of the box.

Of course, it's development versions, and when we'll release stable
versions, we'll keep them compatible, or at least we'll write a
migration script.

Cheers!

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: AIDA/Scribo for company site

garduino
I hope to have the first customer site running on Scribo really soon!

Stay tunned!

--
Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.biz

Germán Arduino wrote:

> I hope to have the first customer site running on Scribo really soon!

Nice to hear that Germán. Good luck!

Janko