AIDA/Web and swazoo on GST ?

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

is there a plan to port swazoo and aida on GNU Smalltalk ?
GNU Smalltalk is IMO a very good smalltalk dialect, but some features
(like aida :)) are still missing.

Cheers,

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: AIDA/Web and swazoo on GST ?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Petton wrote:

> is there a plan to port swazoo and aida on GNU Smalltalk ?
> GNU Smalltalk is IMO a very good smalltalk dialect, but some features
> (like aida :)) are still missing.

Yes, I talked with Paolo on ESUG Lugano and he is fond of Swazoo port,
but a bit less Aida, of course. Such stance needs to be changed ;). And
I just installed latest GST 3.0 and started with tutorial.

It would be interesting if someone of you installs and grasps GST too,
so that we can do the port more easier...

JAnko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: AIDA/Web and swazoo on GST ?

Nicolas Petton

Le mercredi 09 janvier 2008 à 13:42 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Nicolas Petton wrote:
>
> > is there a plan to port swazoo and aida on GNU Smalltalk ?
> > GNU Smalltalk is IMO a very good smalltalk dialect, but some features
> > (like aida :)) are still missing.
>
> Yes, I talked with Paolo on ESUG Lugano and he is fond of Swazoo port,
> but a bit less Aida, of course.
Why "of course" ?

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: AIDA/Web and swazoo on GST ?

Janko Mivšek
Nicolas Petton wrote:

>>> is there a plan to port swazoo and aida on GNU Smalltalk ?
>>> GNU Smalltalk is IMO a very good smalltalk dialect, but some features
>>> (like aida :)) are still missing.

>> Yes, I talked with Paolo on ESUG Lugano and he is fond of Swazoo port,
>> but a bit less Aida, of course.

> Why "of course" ?

Well, Aida is still not as popular as other frameworks, therefore is
understandable to me that other Smalltalks want more popular framework
ported there first. This increases their popularity too. But such a
stance can be changed when they realize all strengths of Aida. Here we
can compete most efficiently.

Janko