AIda (and Scribo) licence

Nicolas Petton
Hi all,

Swazoo licence thread on Squeak-dev make me think about Aida one. Aida
5.6 was released under GPL. If we want to release Aida 6.0 and Scribo
1.0 under MIT, every contributor should agree to put his code under this
licence.

For Aida, there are me, Janko and Masashi, and for Scribo, me and Janko.
I think Janko will agree for MIT, what about you Masashi ?

I will also change the squeaksource repo, so all committed code will now
be under MIT licence, do everybody agree ?

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: AIda (and Scribo) licence

Rob Rothwell
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will also change the squeaksource repo, so all committed code will now
be under MIT licence, do everybody agree ?

I think I am the only other person you have not mentioned that has actually committed code to your squeaksource repo, and I agree...

Rob

Re: AIda (and Scribo) licence

Nicolas Petton

Le samedi 22 mars 2008 à 12:40 -0400, Rob Rothwell a écrit :
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Nicolas Petton
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         I will also change the squeaksource repo, so all committed
>         code will now
>         be under MIT licence, do everybody agree ?
>
> I think I am the only other person you have not mentioned that has
> actually committed code to your squeaksource repo, and I agree...

Did you commit code in Aida or Scribo package ?
For your project, you should add something like "All code committed here
is under MIT licence" in the project description, so the licence would
be clear.

Cheers!

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: AIda (and Scribo) licence

Rob Rothwell
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you commit code in Aida or Scribo package ?

No...I haven't added anything to Aida or Scribo yet...I'm not that good!

For your project, you should add something like "All code committed here
is under MIT licence" in the project description, so the licence would
be clear.

I will fix this, since this is the very (very) small beginnings of what I hope to turn into that "Visual Design" tool I was asking about a week or so ago...

Rob

Re: AIda (and Scribo) licence

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi Nico,

2008/3/23, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
>  Swazoo licence thread on Squeak-dev make me think about Aida one. Aida
>  5.6 was released under GPL. If we want to release Aida 6.0 and Scribo
>  1.0 under MIT, every contributor should agree to put his code under this
>  licence.
>
>  For Aida, there are me, Janko and Masashi, and for Scribo, me and Janko.
>  I think Janko will agree for MIT, what about you Masashi ?

Thanks for mentioning. I agree, of course!

Best regards,
--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: AIda (and Scribo) licence

Nicolas Petton

Le dimanche 23 mars 2008 à 10:39 +0900, Masashi UMEZAWA a écrit :

> Hi Nico,
>
> 2008/3/23, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  Swazoo licence thread on Squeak-dev make me think about Aida one. Aida
> >  5.6 was released under GPL. If we want to release Aida 6.0 and Scribo
> >  1.0 under MIT, every contributor should agree to put his code under this
> >  licence.
> >
> >  For Aida, there are me, Janko and Masashi, and for Scribo, me and Janko.
> >  I think Janko will agree for MIT, what about you Masashi ?
> >

> Thanks for mentioning. I agree, of course!
Good, thank you Masashi.

So, if there is no objection, Aida/Web and and Aida/Scribo are under MIT
licence. This will be also true for any contributed code.

Well, in fact it was simpler than for Swazoo ;)

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton