AJAX for Google Maps

Mariano Montone
Hello,

         I'll be working on a Google Maps component for Seaside and need to do some AJAX to interact.

My questions are: what AJAX library should I be using? Should I use Seaside Async or the AJAX support that comes with the scriptaculous extension?

Besides, is there any documentation that may help me go faster regarding the AJAX issue in Seaside? (apart from the code it self and the functional tests, of course.)

I'm using Seaside 2.8 on VisualWorks 7.6.

Thanks!

Mariano

Re: AJAX for Google Maps

Philippe Marschall
2009/3/26 Mariano Montone <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
>          I'll be working on a Google Maps component for Seaside and need to
> do some AJAX to interact.
>
> My questions are: what AJAX library should I be using? Should I use Seaside
> Async or the AJAX support that comes with the scriptaculous extension?

I would recommend scriptaculous.

> Besides, is there any documentation that may help me go faster regarding the
> AJAX issue in Seaside? (apart from the code it self and the functional
> tests, of course.)

A good book on the JavaScript version of Scriptaculous certainly helps.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: AJAX for Google Maps

Victor-67
>    A good book on the JavaScript version of Scriptaculous certainly helps.

And what would that book be?

Víctor