[ANN 1.1] pre-built RC3 Core

Marcus Denker-4

        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27218/PharoCore-1.1-11406-rc3.zip

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [SPAM] [ANN 1.1] pre-built RC3 Core

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 30 Jun 2010, at 09:37, Marcus Denker wrote:

> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27218/PharoCore-1.1-11406-rc3.zip
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

What is the development plan and timing for 1.1 ?

I understand that there is some kind of feature freeze for 1.1 with all new stuff going into 1.2.

How is beta testing in 1.1 supposed to happen ?

I don't see many people reporting issues on the mailing list vs 1.1

My 1.1 (11400 rc2) image prints numbers on the transcript when doing certain editing (selection ?) operations.

Sven

Re: [SPAM] [ANN 1.1] pre-built RC3 Core

> What is the development plan and timing for 1.1 ?
>
> I understand that there is some kind of feature freeze for 1.1 with all new stuff going into 1.2.
>
> How is beta testing in 1.1 supposed to happen ?

The idea is that we were in beta phase over a month or a month and half.
Then we went into releaseCandidates and now we are at releasecandidate3

We will only include showstoppers.

> I don't see many people reporting issues on the mailing list vs 1.1

Indeed it is working (we migrated all our tools to 1.1 and it was working well).

> My 1.1 (11400 rc2) image prints numbers on the transcript when doing certain editing (selection ?) operations.

Yes apparently there is a Transcript show: somewhere and we should open a bug entry to chase it.

The idea is to plan 1.2 for end of august or september depending on the amount of changes and apply the same
alpha/beta/rc phases.

Re: [SPAM] [ANN 1.1] pre-built RC3 Core

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 30 Jun 2010, at 09:37, Marcus Denker wrote:

>       https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27218/PharoCore-1.1-11406-rc3.zip
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

What is the development plan and timing for 1.1 ?

I understand that there is some kind of feature freeze for 1.1 with all new stuff going into 1.2.

How is beta testing in 1.1 supposed to happen ?

It is already available the RC2 since a couple of weeks:

http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download

there you will see Pharo 1.1 RC2.

I will (very soon) create a PharoDev 1.1 RC3 based in this new core.

I don't see many people reporting issues on the mailing list vs 1.1

My 1.1 (11400 rc2) image prints numbers on the transcript when doing certain editing (selection ?) operations.

Please, report it a new thread/issue.

Cheers

Mariano

Sven

Re: [SPAM] [ANN 1.1] pre-built RC3 Core

Patrick Barroca

filled a new issue http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2610

--
Patrick Barroca

Re: [SPAM] [ANN 1.1] pre-built RC3 Core

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks!

On Jul 1, 2010, at 2:29 AM, Patrick Barroca wrote:

>>> My 1.1 (11400 rc2) image prints numbers on the transcript when doing
>>> certain editing (selection ?) operations.
>>>

>> Please, report it a new thread/issue.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Mariano
>>

> filled a new issue http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2610
>
> --
> Patrick Barroca

Re: [SPAM] [ANN 1.1] pre-built RC3 Core

jfabry

It would be cool if you could also make announcements of this on pharo-users and on the news page of the pharo site. People not reading pharo-project do not know of the rc builds, and it is probably of interest ...

On 30 Jun 2010, at 11:05, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> The idea is that we were in beta phase over a month or a month and half.
> Then we went into releaseCandidates and now we are at releasecandidate3

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:

It would be cool if you could also make announcements of this on pharo-users and on the news page of the pharo site. People not reading pharo-project do not know of the rc builds, and it is probably of interest ...

Ok....no problem. Maybe we don't cc'ed pharo-users because we think that releasing PharoCore is only for PharoDevelopers. If you see the ANNs of Pharo, I do it in both. But maybe we should ann the cores also to pharo-users. Just let us know your opinions.

cheers

mariano