[ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Guillermo Polito
Ok, I've done some fixes to OB and OC, and committed them to PharoTaskForces as a temporary solution.

To load current configuration:

Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
  load.

(ConfigurationOfPharo project version: '1.2-beta2') load.

Can Hudson help us in building Dev images?

Cheers

PS: I've noticed a little bug in OB, I attach a screenshot.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Alain Plantec <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 07/12/2010 07:04, Guillermo Polito a écrit :

Well I've gone very far by now :).

I created a configuration that at least loads :P.

There are two problems so far:

1) ECompletion + TextEditor.  ECompletion sends #model to TextEditor and It does not understands it.  It is easily fixed adding the accessor.
2) Opening an omnibrowser throws a MessageNotUnderstood: TextMorphForShoutEditor>>findText.  Which I will have a look tomorrow.

See issue 3288, there is a .cs for that I guess.
3288 <http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3288>

Cheers
Alain

The version of ConfigurationOfPharo is 1.2-beta2

I've to sleep now :).
Tomorrow I'll open an issue for 1) if everyone agrees.  With whom should I talk to get 2) fixed? Lukas, Alain?

Cheers!

PharoScreenshot.1.png (41K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Tudor Girba
Hi,

It does not seem to work :(. I gave it a try in the Moose hudson for 1.2:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev-on-pharo-1.2/53/console

It is true that I used a 12251 Core image. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Guillermo Polito
I'm using the last core image(12271).  And I forget to say that the attached changeset should be included (I uploaded it to the inbox an hour ago).

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

TextEditor.GuillermoPolito.1.cs (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Tudor Girba
aha. could you point me to the inbox package? I can try to load it now on the server.

Cheers,
Doru

On 7 Dec 2010, at 21:31, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> I'm using the last core image(12271).  And I forget to say that the attached changeset should be included (I uploaded it to the inbox an hour ago).
>
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It does not seem to work :(. I gave it a try in the Moose hudson for 1.2:
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev-on-pharo-1.2/53/console
>
> It is true that I used a 12251 Core image. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 7 Dec 2010, at 20:42, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>
> > Ok, I've done some fixes to OB and OC, and committed them to PharoTaskForces as a temporary solution.
> >
> > To load current configuration:
> >
> > Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> >   package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
> >   load.
> >
> > (ConfigurationOfPharo project version: '1.2-beta2') load.
> >
> > Can Hudson help us in building Dev images?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > PS: I've noticed a little bug in OB, I attach a screenshot.
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Alain Plantec <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Le 07/12/2010 07:04, Guillermo Polito a écrit :
> >
> > Well I've gone very far by now :).
> >
> > I created a configuration that at least loads :P.
> >
> > There are two problems so far:
> >
> > 1) ECompletion + TextEditor.  ECompletion sends #model to TextEditor and It does not understands it.  It is easily fixed adding the accessor.
> > 2) Opening an omnibrowser throws a MessageNotUnderstood: TextMorphForShoutEditor>>findText.  Which I will have a look tomorrow.
> >
> > See issue 3288, there is a .cs for that I guess.
> > 3288 <http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3288>
> >
> > Cheers
> > Alain
> >

> > The version of ConfigurationOfPharo is 1.2-beta2
> >
> > I've to sleep now :).
> > Tomorrow I'll open an issue for 1) if everyone agrees.  With whom should I talk to get 2) fixed? Lukas, Alain?
> >
> > Cheers!
> >

> > <PharoScreenshot.1.png>
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Beauty is where we see it."
>

> <TextEditor.GuillermoPolito.1.cs>

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Marcus Denker-4

On Dec 7, 2010, at 8:42 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

Ok, I've done some fixes to OB and OC, and committed them to PharoTaskForces as a temporary solution.

To load current configuration:

Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
  load.

(ConfigurationOfPharo project version: '1.2-beta2') load.

Can Hudson help us in building Dev images?

Yes, will set up a build for 1.2 today.

Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

On Dec 8, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

On Dec 7, 2010, at 8:42 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

Ok, I've done some fixes to OB and OC, and committed them to PharoTaskForces as a temporary solution.

To load current configuration:

Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
  load.

(ConfigurationOfPharo project version: '1.2-beta2') load.

Can Hudson help us in building Dev images?

Yes, will set up a build for 1.2 today.

I have set one up that takes 1.2 core, runs updates and then tries to build dev

https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/

It is failing right now.

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Yanni Chiu
On 08/12/10 6:48 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On Dec 7, 2010, at 8:42 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>>
>>> Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
>>> load.
>>>
>>> (ConfigurationOfPharo project version: '1.2-beta2') load.
>>>
>>> Can Hudson help us in building Dev images?
>>
>> Yes, will set up a build for 1.2 today.
>
> I have set one up that takes 1.2 core, runs updates and then tries to
> build dev
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/
>
> It is failing right now.
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/2/console

This build would flag changes to PharoCore-1.2 that break Pharo(Dev)
1.2-beta2. But those core changes may be legitimate, and the fix needs
to be done in Pharo(Dev).

Maybe there should be a second build for Pharo(Dev) 1.2-baseline. The
trigger ought to be any change to a package included in the baseline,
but that seems difficult to determine. So, maybe once a day, as well as
triggering on a change to ConfigurationOfPharo itself.

BTW, It's great that we have automated builds.

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Dale Henrichs
On 12/08/2010 09:09 AM, Yanni Chiu wrote:

> On 08/12/10 6:48 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

>>> Yes, will set up a build for 1.2 today.
>>
>> I have set one up that takes 1.2 core, runs updates and then tries to
>> build dev
>>
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/
>>
>> It is failing right now.
>>
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/2/console
>
> This build would flag changes to PharoCore-1.2 that break Pharo(Dev)
> 1.2-beta2. But those core changes may be legitimate, and the fix needs
> to be done in Pharo(Dev).
>
> Maybe there should be a second build for Pharo(Dev) 1.2-baseline. The
> trigger ought to be any change to a package included in the baseline,
> but that seems difficult to determine. So, maybe once a day, as well as
> triggering on a change to ConfigurationOfPharo itself.
>
> BTW, It's great that we have automated builds.

With the next release of Metacello there will be support for
programmatically updating a config, so if the baseline build runs clean
for pharo dev, the development version could be updated automagically
... folks would always be able to load the dev version and know that at
least the tests ran clean and that you are within a safe distance of the
absolute bleeding edge...

Dale

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Yes Thanks Yanni for your code.
We have a lot of ideas on what to do with automated build servers :)
This is just the start. I was dreaming on that while listening pelrine talk at ESUG 2002 on Cruse control...
May be we should have built something by then ....

Stef

>>> Yes, will set up a build for 1.2 today.
>>
>> I have set one up that takes 1.2 core, runs updates and then tries to
>> build dev
>>
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/
>>
>> It is failing right now.
>>
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/2/console
>
> This build would flag changes to PharoCore-1.2 that break Pharo(Dev) 1.2-beta2. But those core changes may be legitimate, and the fix needs to be done in Pharo(Dev).
>
> Maybe there should be a second build for Pharo(Dev) 1.2-baseline. The trigger ought to be any change to a package included in the baseline, but that seems difficult to determine. So, maybe once a day, as well as triggering on a change to ConfigurationOfPharo itself.
>
> BTW, It's great that we have automated builds.

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Yanni Chiu
Lukas and Philippe brought it to its current state. I just did the first
version.

On 08/12/10 12:21 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> Yes Thanks Yanni for your code.
> We have a lot of ideas on what to do with automated build servers :)
> This is just the start. I was dreaming on that while listening pelrine talk at ESUG 2002 on Cruse control...
> May be we should have built something by then ....
>
> Stef

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Stéphane Ducasse
I know. Still showing the way is often important.

On Dec 8, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Yanni Chiu wrote:

> Lukas and Philippe brought it to its current state. I just did the first version.
>
> On 08/12/10 12:21 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> Yes Thanks Yanni for your code.
>> We have a lot of ideas on what to do with automated build servers :)
>> This is just the start. I was dreaming on that while listening pelrine talk at ESUG 2002 on Cruse control...
>> May be we should have built something by then ....
>>
>> Stef

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Stéphane Ducasse
ok you mean integrated.
Please change the status to fixed else we do not see it when scanning what should be merged.

Stef

On Dec 9, 2010, at 2:58 AM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Sorry, It'll fail until Issue 3385 in pharo: TextEditor doest not understand #model gets fixed. :S
>
> Cheers,
> Guille
>

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Dec 8, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On Dec 7, 2010, at 8:42 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I've done some fixes to OB and OC, and committed them to PharoTaskForces as a temporary solution.
>>>
>>> To load current configuration:
>>>
>>> Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>   package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
>>>   load.
>>>
>>> (ConfigurationOfPharo project version: '1.2-beta2') load.
>>>
>>> Can Hudson help us in building Dev images?
>>
>> Yes, will set up a build for 1.2 today.
>
> I have set one up that takes 1.2 core, runs updates and then tries to build dev
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/
>
> It is failing right now.
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/2/console
>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

I do not understand

why

model: aModel
        ^model

such kind of methods are the solution.

To me it looks like a hack or a design problem

On Dec 9, 2010, at 2:58 AM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Sorry, It'll fail until Issue 3385 in pharo: TextEditor doest not understand #model gets fixed. :S
>
> Cheers,
> Guille
>

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Dec 8, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On Dec 7, 2010, at 8:42 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I've done some fixes to OB and OC, and committed them to PharoTaskForces as a temporary solution.
>>>
>>> To load current configuration:
>>>
>>> Gofer it squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>   package: 'ConfigurationOfPharo';
>>>   load.
>>>
>>> (ConfigurationOfPharo project version: '1.2-beta2') load.
>>>
>>> Can Hudson help us in building Dev images?
>>
>> Yes, will set up a build for 1.2 today.
>
> I have set one up that takes 1.2 core, runs updates and then tries to build dev
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/
>
> It is failing right now.
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.2/2/console
>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: [ANN] 1.2 Dev Packages are loading :)

Peter Hugosson-Miller
Hehehe, I sure recognize that "pattern", since I've done it myself on occasion: copy/paste error when writing accessors. You write the getter first, save it, then edit it to create the setter...

Peter.