[ANN] 1/29 RTP NC -Dolphin Smalltalk - Steve Geringer - TASUG

1 message Options

[ANN] 1/29 RTP NC -Dolphin Smalltalk - Steve Geringer - TASUG

Don Brady
Mon. Jan. 29, 2001 6:30 pm: Dolphin Smalltalk: Steve Geringer

RTI Dreyfus Auditorium, RTP NC

Our speaker, Steve Geringer, is an independent Smalltalk consultant and founder
of SCG Associates LLC, based in Raleigh, N.C. After graduating from the
University at Albany in 1981, Steve joined IBM in Poughkeepsie, New York and
later transferred to the RTP area in 1985. Since leaving IBM in 1993, Steve has
consulted on numerous Smalltalk projects including, MCI WorldCom's Enhanced
International Routing, Concert's Long Term Regulatory Routing, and Knowledge
Systems' Smalltalk/JVM.

A Veteran of 5 versions of VisualAge for Smalltalk, Steve has found Dolphin
Smalltalk to be "Faster, Better, Cheaper, Better Organized and More Elegant"
than VisualAge.

As an outspoken advocate of independent financial risk taking and a longtime
student of the capital markets, Steve is actively developing a software product
which combines features of behavioral finance, risk management, record keeping
and reporting, and performance analysis for active stock market investors. The
product named "TradePerformance (TM)" is being built using Dolphin Smalltalk.

The Trade Performance website can be found at: http://www.tradeperformance.com.
Steve can be reached at mailto:[hidden email] .

The meeting will take place in Dreyfus Auditorium on the campus of Research
Triangle Institute in RTP.

Coming from Raleigh, our meeting location at RTI is 18 miles west of downtown
on I-40. Take exit 280 at Davis Drive; bear right; go to Cornwallis Road (the
first traffic light) and turn left onto it. Go about 0.1 mi., then turn left
onto East Institute Drive and follow it a few hundred feet until you come to
the parking lot for Dreyfus Laboratory and Auditorium.

Driving from Durham, RTI is 6 miles south on the Durham Freeway (NC 147). Exit
at Cornwallis Road and turn left. From Chapel Hill, take I40 to Exit 280 at
Davis Drive; bear right; go to Cornwallis Road and turn left.

A map is on our web site at http://www.tasug.org/where.html .