[ANN] 10283 and 10284: new events

1 message Options

[ANN] 10283 and 10284: new events

Stéphane Ducasse
So this is in the box
Now we should really shake the code and fix fix fix and release a
alpha then beta.

Mike the menus and other seems quitttttttt      e s       low with the
new events :)
So I imagine that we will get some fixes soon :)

Stef

Cleanup
-------
-remove the old and confusing EventSensor and InputSensor classes and
replace them with InputEventSensor.
-remove backward compatibility and polling where possible

Not all VMs signal the input semaphore, that's why we currently us a
polling event fetcher.

Pluggability
------------

-events from the VM are now fetched by an InputEventFetcher

"InputEventFetcher is responsible for fetching the raw VM events and
forward them to the registered event handlers. Event fetching is done in
a high priority process, so even with other processes (e.g. the Morphic
UI process) being busy events will still be fetched."

This finally gets rid of the input event tickler!

InputEventHandlers can then listen to events. Current default listeners
are the InputEventSensor for Morphic and UserInterruptHandler.

This allows for alternative UI frameworks or other interesting stuff ;-)
to register as a listener and deal with input events without ever having
to deal with Morphic.

Next on my list is to do exactly that with Miro and my experimental
IMorph implementation, both built on Announcements.

Michael