[ANN] 10337

Stéphane Ducasse

issue 884: Bookmorph removal. Thanks alain!

Re: [ANN] 10337

Alain Plantec-4
Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> issue 884: Bookmorph removal. Thanks alain!

I think that something was wrong because BookMorph is still present
after #10337.

regarding SqueakPage removal. It seems to me that ObjectOut and
MorphObjectOut would not be fonctional at all after
SqueakPage and SqueakPageCache removal.
I would remove all of this.
(and in the case someone want to make it revive, it isn't lost)

alain
> Stef

Re: [ANN] 10337

Stéphane Ducasse
I applied your slice and when I checked it removed BookLikeMorph

Stef

On Jun 13, 2009, at 10:39 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> issue 884: Bookmorph removal. Thanks alain!
>>
> I think that something was wrong because BookMorph is still present
> after #10337.
>
> regarding SqueakPage removal. It seems to me that ObjectOut and
> MorphObjectOut would not be fonctional at all after
> SqueakPage and SqueakPageCache removal.
> I would remove all of this.
> (and in the case someone want to make it revive, it isn't lost)

yes I know.
sniff all fun stuff broken.

> alain
>> Stef

Re: [ANN] 10337

can you check ?
because book~LikeMorph and bookMorph in 320 were not in the same
hierarchy anymore.
Stef

On Jun 13, 2009, at 10:39 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> issue 884: Bookmorph removal. Thanks alain!
>>
> I think that something was wrong because BookMorph is still present
> after #10337.
>
> regarding SqueakPage removal. It seems to me that ObjectOut and
> MorphObjectOut would not be fonctional at all after
> SqueakPage and SqueakPageCache removal.
> I would remove all of this.
> (and in the case someone want to make it revive, it isn't lost)
>
> alain
>> Stef

Re: [ANN] 10337

Alain Plantec-4
Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> can you check ?
> because book~LikeMorph and bookMorph in 320 were not in the same
> hierarchy anymore.
checked, my slice didn't completely remove BookMorph. =-O
my next will.
alain

> Stef
>
> On Jun 13, 2009, at 10:39 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:
>
>> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>>> issue 884: Bookmorph removal. Thanks alain!
>>>
>> I think that something was wrong because BookMorph is still present
>> after #10337.

Re: [ANN] 10337

Stéphane Ducasse
ok I prefer that than a merging bug.

Stef

On Jun 13, 2009, at 11:04 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> can you check ?
>> because book~LikeMorph and bookMorph in 320 were not in the same
>> hierarchy anymore.
> checked, my slice didn't completely remove BookMorph. =-O
> my next will.
> alain
>> Stef

>>> I think that something was wrong because BookMorph is still present
>>> after #10337.

Re: [ANN] 10337

Alain Plantec-4
Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> ok I prefer that than a merging bug.

the LongTestCase >>#DecompilerTests method is touched by the BookMorph
removal.
Unfortunately, the class LongTestCase is unpackaged.
I guess that is is the reason why it was not in the slice.
-> new issue http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=888
Alain

Re: [ANN] 10337

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok I will check that now with the initialize :)

On Jun 14, 2009, at 10:17 PM, Alain Plantec wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> ok I prefer that than a merging bug.
>>
> the LongTestCase >>#DecompilerTests method is touched by the BookMorph
> removal.
> Unfortunately, the class LongTestCase is unpackaged.
> I guess that is is the reason why it was not in the slice.
> -> new issue http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=888
> Alain

Re: [ANN] 10337

Alain Plantec-4
Alain Plantec a écrit :
> Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> ok I prefer that than a merging bug.
>>
> the LongTestCase >>#DecompilerTests method is touched by the BookMorph
> removal.
> Unfortunately, the class LongTestCase is unpackaged.
oups, this is the class DecompilerTests that is unpackaged and the
method DecompilerTests>>decompilerDiscrepancies which is touched by the
BookMorph removal.
> I guess that is is the reason why it was not in the slice.
> -> new issue http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=888
> Alain

Re: [ANN] 10337

Stéphane Ducasse
ok I will focus first on the initialize.

Stef