[ANN] 10384 extraction of MorphicExtras

Adrian Lienhard
This update removes the MorphicExtras package. I had to spend quite
some effort to properly detangle it from the rest of the system...

MorphicExtras contained examples and experimental (and some wicked)
morphs (in total 110 classes). The space gained is significant: 1.5MB.
If somebody is interested to recover and maintain parts of what I
removed, the package is available on SqueakSource [1].

If you experience problems, please report them as this update touched
a lot of different places inthe system.

Cheers,
Adrian

[1] www.squeaksource.com/PharoMorphicExtras.html

Re: [ANN] 10384 extraction of MorphicExtras

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks adrian
Indeed it would be cool to harvest some of the best morphs.

Stef

On Jul 20, 2009, at 10:29 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> This update removes the MorphicExtras package. I had to spend quite
> some effort to properly detangle it from the rest of the system...
>
> MorphicExtras contained examples and experimental (and some wicked)
> morphs (in total 110 classes). The space gained is significant: 1.5MB.
> If somebody is interested to recover and maintain parts of what I
> removed, the package is available on SqueakSource [1].
>
> If you experience problems, please report them as this update touched
> a lot of different places inthe system.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
> [1] www.squeaksource.com/PharoMorphicExtras.html

Re: [ANN] 10384 extraction of MorphicExtras

Igor Stasenko
2009/7/20 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
> This update removes the MorphicExtras package. I had to spend quite
> some effort to properly detangle it from the rest of the system...
>
> MorphicExtras contained examples and experimental (and some wicked)
> morphs (in total 110 classes). The space gained is significant: 1.5MB.
> If somebody is interested to recover and maintain parts of what I
> removed, the package is available on SqueakSource [1].

Adrian, i assume that this detangled package re-loadable without problems?
If yes, then i think this is a great step towards better modularity!

> If you experience problems, please report them as this update touched
> a lot of different places inthe system.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
> [1] www.squeaksource.com/PharoMorphicExtras.html

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [ANN] 10384 extraction of MorphicExtras

Adrian Lienhard
Yes, it loads without problems and it does not have overrides.

Adrian

On Jul 20, 2009, at 23:53 , Igor Stasenko wrote:

> 2009/7/20 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>> This update removes the MorphicExtras package. I had to spend quite
>> some effort to properly detangle it from the rest of the system...
>>
>> MorphicExtras contained examples and experimental (and some wicked)
>> morphs (in total 110 classes). The space gained is significant:
>> 1.5MB.
>> If somebody is interested to recover and maintain parts of what I
>> removed, the package is available on SqueakSource [1].
>>

> Adrian, i assume that this detangled package re-loadable without
> problems?
> If yes, then i think this is a great step towards better modularity!
>
>> If you experience problems, please report them as this update touched
>> a lot of different places inthe system.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>
>> [1] www.squeaksource.com/PharoMorphicExtras.html

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [ANN] 10384 extraction of MorphicExtras

Lukas Renggli
This is excellent news.

I loaded a complete set of development tools into the latest Pharo and
it seems to work perfectly. Nothing missing.

Cheers,
Lukas

2009/7/21 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:

> Yes, it loads without problems and it does not have overrides.
>
> Adrian
>
> On Jul 20, 2009, at 23:53 , Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> 2009/7/20 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>>> This update removes the MorphicExtras package. I had to spend quite
>>> some effort to properly detangle it from the rest of the system...
>>>
>>> MorphicExtras contained examples and experimental (and some wicked)
>>> morphs (in total 110 classes). The space gained is significant:
>>> 1.5MB.
>>> If somebody is interested to recover and maintain parts of what I
>>> removed, the package is available on SqueakSource [1].
>>>

>> Adrian, i assume that this detangled package re-loadable without
>> problems?
>> If yes, then i think this is a great step towards better modularity!
>>
>>> If you experience problems, please report them as this update touched
>>> a lot of different places inthe system.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Adrian
>>>
>>> [1] www.squeaksource.com/PharoMorphicExtras.html

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [ANN] 10384 extraction of MorphicExtras

seems that you broke tests of Host...

adaptToWorld: aWorld

         myWorld := aWorld.
         myProject := nil.                "figure it out if and when
needed. maybe make it easier to find"
         myHand := aWorld primaryHand.

seems missing because it was packaged in *morphic extras*

On Jul 20, 2009, at 10:29 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> This update removes the MorphicExtras package. I had to spend quite
> some effort to properly detangle it from the rest of the system...
>
> MorphicExtras contained examples and experimental (and some wicked)
> morphs (in total 110 classes). The space gained is significant: 1.5MB.
> If somebody is interested to recover and maintain parts of what I
> removed, the package is available on SqueakSource [1].
>
> If you experience problems, please report them as this update touched
> a lot of different places inthe system.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
> [1] www.squeaksource.com/PharoMorphicExtras.html

Re: [ANN] 10384 extraction of MorphicExtras

Adrian Lienhard
Thanks. Strange that these tests didn't fail when I run them, but now
they do. Will fix in the evening.

Adrian