[ANN]: AconcaguaAddOns

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I pushed some Aconcagua extensions to http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/SeanDeNigris/AconcaguaAddOns/main/

One part consists of tiny (so far) Aconcagua models of various domains - Time*, Money, and Weight at the moment.

The other is the Aconcagua-Magritte package. This gives you MAMeasureDescription, which represents an Aconcagua Measure. It mostly acts like a number field mapped to its amount. You just have to tell it which unit to use to convert the amount number into a Measure.

Example usage:
        MAMeasureDescription new
                accessor: #replacementPrice;
                label: 'Replacement Price';
                unit: AmDollar new;
                yourself

Then, you can type 100 in a Magritte form and "100 dollars" will be saved to the model. Enjoy!

* Yes, I know Chalten has months and years, but (I think when Chalten was extended to handle non-Gregorian calendars) months and year units are no longer derived from each other, and so can not be compared.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN]: AconcaguaAddOns

hernanmd
Hi Sean,

First thanks for sharing this.

Now I suppose this was AconcaguaDeluxe before?
Do you have a ConfigurationOf for AconcaguaAddOns?

I want to use it but don't have idea what to load.

Hernán

[...]

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN]: AconcaguaAddOns

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sorry, just completed a massive (non-programming) project and I'm coming back to coding...

hernanmd wrote
First thanks for sharing this
You're welcome :)

hernanmd wrote
Now I suppose this was AconcaguaDeluxe before?
Do you have a ConfigurationOf for AconcaguaAddOns?
I don't recall exactly, but given the state of the two repositories, and my general workflow, I would say that I started Deluxe in my playground repository as a toy, and when I started using it regularly, promoted it to it's own repo (AddOns). Now here's where it gets exciting: I then forgot I had moved it and didn't update the Configuration, and made more commits to the old repo :/ So, you should be safe loading the latest packages individually because they represent different domains and IIRC don't depend on one another. We should also make a new Config...AddOns in the new repo. HTH.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN]: AconcaguaAddOns

stepharo
welcome back.

Stef

Le 6/10/15 16:12, Sean P. DeNigris a écrit :

> Sorry, just completed a massive (non-programming) project and I'm coming back
> to coding...
>

> hernanmd wrote
>> First thanks for sharing this
> You're welcome :)
>

> hernanmd wrote
>> Now I suppose this was AconcaguaDeluxe before?
>> Do you have a ConfigurationOf for AconcaguaAddOns?
> I don't recall exactly, but given the state of the two repositories, and my
> general workflow, I would say that I started Deluxe in my playground
> repository as a toy, and when I started using it regularly, promoted it to
> it's own repo (AddOns). Now here's where it gets exciting: I then forgot I
> had moved it and didn't update the Configuration, and made more commits to
> the old repo :/ So, you should be safe loading the latest packages
> individually because they represent different domains and IIRC don't depend
> on one another. We should also make a new Config...AddOns in the new repo.
> HTH.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: [ANN]: AconcaguaAddOns

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
stepharo wrote
welcome back.
Thanks! You guys have been busy :) I've given up on trying to go back through all the mail I missed...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [ANN]: AconcaguaAddOns

hernanmd
Hi Sean,

Thank you for the clarification.
I just created a configuration for AconcaguaAddOns here : http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hernan/Playground/packages/ConfigurationOfAconcaguaAddOns
I haven't tested yet (too late here) but maybe you can use it for uploading to MetaRepoForPharo's.

Cheers,

Hernán