[ANN] Aida 6.6 Web Framework Released

Janko Mivšek
Dear Pharoers,

New version of Aida/Web framework and application server
(http://www.aidaweb.si) is here with:

  - optimization on HTTP level to send first byte to the client as soon
    as possible
  - streaming of HTML, specially header to get first byte out
    immediately,
  - gzip compression of all text stuff like CSS, JS etc
  - CSS Sprites support added
  - internal vs. extarnal IP detection, to control access rights
    accordingly
  - Geolocation support improved
  - all JS and CSS libraries updated to latest versions, Twitter
    Bootstrap v3 added in parallel to v2.x

More in Release notes: http://www.aidaweb.si/release-notes-6.6

On latest Pharo 2.0 open Configuration browser, right click and Switch
repository to SqueakSource. Select Aida and Install it.

Or load Aida with this script:

  Gofer new
     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
     package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
     load.

  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) load.

Then simply open http://localhost:8888 .

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web

Re: [ANN] Aida 6.6 Web Framework Released

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 30 Aug 2013, at 15:47, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Pharoers,
>
> New version of Aida/Web framework and application server
> (http://www.aidaweb.si) is here with:
>
>  - optimization on HTTP level to send first byte to the client as soon
>    as possible
>  - streaming of HTML, specially header to get first byte out
>    immediately,
>  - gzip compression of all text stuff like CSS, JS etc
>  - CSS Sprites support added
>  - internal vs. extarnal IP detection, to control access rights
>    accordingly
>  - Geolocation support improved
>  - all JS and CSS libraries updated to latest versions, Twitter
>    Bootstrap v3 added in parallel to v2.x

Great work, thanks, Janko.

Sven

> More in Release notes: http://www.aidaweb.si/release-notes-6.6
>
> On latest Pharo 2.0 open Configuration browser, right click and Switch
> repository to SqueakSource. Select Aida and Install it.
>
> Or load Aida with this script:
>
>  Gofer new
>     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
>     load.
>
>  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) load.
>
> Then simply open http://localhost:8888 .
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> Aida/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: [ANN] Aida 6.6 Web Framework Released

Stéphane Ducasse

>> New version of Aida/Web framework and application server
>> (http://www.aidaweb.si) is here with:
>>
>> - optimization on HTTP level to send first byte to the client as soon
>>   as possible
>> - streaming of HTML, specially header to get first byte out
>>   immediately,
>> - gzip compression of all text stuff like CSS, JS etc
>> - CSS Sprites support added
>> - internal vs. extarnal IP detection, to control access rights
>>   accordingly
>> - Geolocation support improved
>> - all JS and CSS libraries updated to latest versions, Twitter
>>   Bootstrap v3 added in parallel to v2.x
>
> Great work, thanks, Janko.

+ 1

Janko if you need scripts to migrate to SmalltalkHub let me know.