[ANN] AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis Smalltalk

[ANN] AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis Smalltalk

garduino
Hi Folks,

It's a pleasure inform that AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis
Smalltalk in the repo: https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Aida

Thanks to the job of Janko to make the port to make it work in Cuis!

You can install it on a Cuis image using the script of the README (be
patient, the installation take time) or you can download a ready
to use Cog image from the link provided in the same README.

Enjoy!

Coming Soon: A Morphic operator console for easier manage of Swazoo sites.

Juan: You should update the ListOfPackages, as usual :)

--
Sincerely,
Germán Arduino

Re: [Cuis] [ANN] AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis Smalltalk

bobcalco
One minor issue -- on Windows, my Cuis+Aida image source for all the packages added for this port seem to have extra spaces between source code lines with paragraph symbol that appear at the end of each line as well in the System Browser. I have not seen that before and although it doesn't affect the behavior of anything it is unusual.

Otherwise this is really great! Very exciting to see progress on this!

- Bob

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Folks,

It's a pleasure inform that AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis
Smalltalk in the repo: https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Aida

Thanks to the job of Janko to make the port to make it work in Cuis!

You can install it on a Cuis image using the script of the README (be
patient, the installation take time) or you can download a ready
to use Cog image from the link provided in the same README.

Enjoy!

Coming Soon: A Morphic operator console for easier manage of Swazoo sites.

Juan: You should update the ListOfPackages, as usual :)

--
Sincerely,
Germán Arduino
about.me/garduino

Bob Calco
25325 Geddy Dr.
Land O'Lakes, FL 34639

813-406-5019 (landline)
813-520-2891 (mobile)

Re: [Cuis] [ANN] AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis Smalltalk

garduino
Hi Robert:

Yes, this is the problem of line feeds that seems to be hard to kill :)

In my case, I'm having this behavior only in Windows. I not found yet
the way that the GitHub windows client avoid this bad formatting when
synching with my local repos.

The solution is, as Juan explained, previous to install select all the
code in the lower pane of the FileList (Get entire file if is a big
file) and then:

select all (cmd a)
Convert line endings to LF characters (Cuis convention) in selection (cmd U)
save (cmd s)

and then install.

HTH

2013/1/29 Robert Calco <[hidden email]>:

> One minor issue -- on Windows, my Cuis+Aida image source for all the
> packages added for this port seem to have extra spaces between source code
> lines with paragraph symbol that appear at the end of each line as well in
> the System Browser. I have not seen that before and although it doesn't
> affect the behavior of anything it is unusual.
>
> Otherwise this is really great! Very exciting to see progress on this!
>
> - Bob
>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> It's a pleasure inform that AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis
>> Smalltalk in the repo: https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Aida
>>
>> Thanks to the job of Janko to make the port to make it work in Cuis!
>>
>> You can install it on a Cuis image using the script of the README (be
>> patient, the installation take time) or you can download a ready
>> to use Cog image from the link provided in the same README.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Coming Soon: A Morphic operator console for easier manage of Swazoo sites.
>>
>> Juan: You should update the ListOfPackages, as usual :)
>>

>> --
>> Sincerely,
>> Germán Arduino
>> about.me/garduino

> Bob Calco
> 25325 Geddy Dr.
> Land O'Lakes, FL 34639
>
> [hidden email]
> 813-406-5019 (landline)
> 813-520-2891 (mobile)

Re: [Cuis] [ANN] AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis Smalltalk

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

Angel Lopez gave some links about CR/LF issues in Windows in
connection with github,

http://www.jvuletich.org/pipermail/cuis_jvuletich.org/2013-January/000620.html

Kind regards
Hannes

On 1/29/13, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Robert:
>
> Yes, this is the problem of line feeds that seems to be hard to kill :)
>
> In my case, I'm having this behavior only in Windows. I not found yet
> the way that the GitHub windows client avoid this bad formatting when
> synching with my local repos.
>
> The solution is, as Juan explained, previous to install select all the
> code in the lower pane of the FileList (Get entire file if is a big
> file) and then:
>
> select all (cmd a)
> Convert line endings to LF characters (Cuis convention) in selection (cmd
> U)
> save (cmd s)
>
> and then install.
>
> HTH
>

> 2013/1/29 Robert Calco <[hidden email]>:
>> One minor issue -- on Windows, my Cuis+Aida image source for all the
>> packages added for this port seem to have extra spaces between source
>> code
>> lines with paragraph symbol that appear at the end of each line as well
>> in
>> the System Browser. I have not seen that before and although it doesn't
>> affect the behavior of anything it is unusual.
>>
>> Otherwise this is really great! Very exciting to see progress on this!
>>
>> - Bob
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> It's a pleasure inform that AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis
>>> Smalltalk in the repo: https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Aida
>>>
>>> Thanks to the job of Janko to make the port to make it work in Cuis!
>>>
>>> You can install it on a Cuis image using the script of the README (be
>>> patient, the installation take time) or you can download a ready
>>> to use Cog image from the link provided in the same README.
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> Coming Soon: A Morphic operator console for easier manage of Swazoo
>>> sites.
>>>
>>> Juan: You should update the ListOfPackages, as usual :)
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Germán Arduino
>>> about.me/garduino

>> --
>> Bob Calco
>> 25325 Geddy Dr.
>> Land O'Lakes, FL 34639
>>
>> [hidden email]
>> 813-406-5019 (landline)
>> 813-520-2891 (mobile)

Re: [Cuis] [ANN] AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis Smalltalk

garduino
Hi Hannes, I remember, but to be honest I use Mac or Lubuntu.

Only very few times I use some Windows machine and really I do not
have time to invest in Windows......

2013/1/29 H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:

> Hello
>
> Angel Lopez gave some links about CR/LF issues in Windows in
> connection with github,
>
> http://www.jvuletich.org/pipermail/cuis_jvuletich.org/2013-January/000620.html
>
> Kind regards
> Hannes
>
> On 1/29/13, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Robert:
>>
>> Yes, this is the problem of line feeds that seems to be hard to kill :)
>>
>> In my case, I'm having this behavior only in Windows. I not found yet
>> the way that the GitHub windows client avoid this bad formatting when
>> synching with my local repos.
>>
>> The solution is, as Juan explained, previous to install select all the
>> code in the lower pane of the FileList (Get entire file if is a big
>> file) and then:
>>
>> select all (cmd a)
>> Convert line endings to LF characters (Cuis convention) in selection (cmd
>> U)
>> save (cmd s)
>>
>> and then install.
>>
>> HTH
>>

>> 2013/1/29 Robert Calco <[hidden email]>:
>>> One minor issue -- on Windows, my Cuis+Aida image source for all the
>>> packages added for this port seem to have extra spaces between source
>>> code
>>> lines with paragraph symbol that appear at the end of each line as well
>>> in
>>> the System Browser. I have not seen that before and although it doesn't
>>> affect the behavior of anything it is unusual.
>>>
>>> Otherwise this is really great! Very exciting to see progress on this!
>>>
>>> - Bob

>>> --
>>> Bob Calco
>>> 25325 Geddy Dr.
>>> Land O'Lakes, FL 34639
>>>
>>> [hidden email]
>>> 813-406-5019 (landline)
>>> 813-520-2891 (mobile)

Re: [Cuis] [ANN] AidaWeb is available to use in Cuis Smalltalk

garduino
Hi:

All the cr & lf & extra lines are gone now.

You can download the image again from the same url or install from
scratch from GitHub.

Germán.