[ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

[ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Robert Hirschfeld
It is my great pleasure to announce Alan Kay's talk here at HPI.

Title: "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming"

Venue: Lecture Hall 1, Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam, Germany

Date and time: July 21 (Thu) 2011, 16:00-17:00

Additional information:
http://www.vpri.org/html/people/founders.htm
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hpi/anfahrt?L=1
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/news/beitrag/computerpionier-alan-kay-wird-hpi-fellow.html

(Alan's talk will be recorded and made available online.)

Best,
Robert

--
Robert Hirschfeld
Hasso-Plattner-Institut

Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Robert Hirschfeld
A recording of Alan's talk is available online at

 http://www.tele-task.de/de/archive/lecture/overview/5819/

Best,
Robert

On Jul 8, 2011, at 1:43 AM, Robert Hirschfeld wrote:

> It is my great pleasure to announce Alan Kay's talk here at HPI.
>
> Title: "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming"
>
> Venue: Lecture Hall 1, Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam, Germany
>
> Date and time: July 21 (Thu) 2011, 16:00-17:00
>
> Additional information:
> http://www.vpri.org/html/people/founders.htm
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hpi/anfahrt?L=1
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/news/beitrag/computerpionier-alan-kay-wird-hpi-fellow.html
>
> (Alan's talk will be recorded and made available online.)
>
> Best,
> Robert
>
> --
> Robert Hirschfeld
> Hasso-Plattner-Institut
> [hidden email]
> www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa

Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Bernat Romagosa
Any chance to get them in a more friendly format? RealMedia and GNU/Linux are not very good friends ;)

Cheers,

2011/7/23 Robert Hirschfeld <[hidden email]>
A recording of Alan's talk is available online at

 http://www.tele-task.de/de/archive/lecture/overview/5819/

Best,
Robert

On Jul 8, 2011, at 1:43 AM, Robert Hirschfeld wrote:

> It is my great pleasure to announce Alan Kay's talk here at HPI.
>
> Title: "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming"
>
> Venue: Lecture Hall 1, Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam, Germany
>
> Date and time: July 21 (Thu) 2011, 16:00-17:00
>
> Additional information:
> http://www.vpri.org/html/people/founders.htm
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hpi/anfahrt?L=1
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/news/beitrag/computerpionier-alan-kay-wird-hpi-fellow.html
>
> (Alan's talk will be recorded and made available online.)
>
> Best,
> Robert
>
> --
> Robert Hirschfeld
> Hasso-Plattner-Institut
> [hidden email]
> www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

marten
Yes, this is a pretty user-unfriendly format. I actually installed (just
for this movie) Realmedia, but the plugin crashed under Mozilla under
Windows.

Marten

Am 25.07.2011 13:24, schrieb Bernat Romagosa:
> Any chance to get them in a more friendly format? RealMedia and
> GNU/Linux are not very good friends ;)

Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Joseph Pelrine
+1. RealMedia is so 20th century...

On 25.07.11 13:24, Bernat Romagosa wrote:

> Any chance to get them in a more friendly format? RealMedia and
> GNU/Linux are not very good friends ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> 2011/7/23 Robert Hirschfeld <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     A recording of Alan's talk is available online at
>
>     http://www.tele-task.de/de/archive/lecture/overview/5819/
>
>     Best,
>     Robert
>

>     On Jul 8, 2011, at 1:43 AM, Robert Hirschfeld wrote:
>
>      > It is my great pleasure to announce Alan Kay's talk here at HPI.
>      >
>      > Title: "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming"
>      >
>      > Venue: Lecture Hall 1, Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam, Germany
>      >
>      > Date and time: July 21 (Thu) 2011, 16:00-17:00
>      >
>      > Additional information:
>      > http://www.vpri.org/html/people/founders.htm
>      > http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hpi/anfahrt?L=1
>      >
>     http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/news/beitrag/computerpionier-alan-kay-wird-hpi-fellow.html
>      >
>      > (Alan's talk will be recorded and made available online.)
>      >
>      > Best,
>      > Robert
>      >
>      > --
>      > Robert Hirschfeld
>      > Hasso-Plattner-Institut
>      > www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa <http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa>
>      > Esug-list mailing list
>      > http://lists.esug.org/mailman/listinfo/esug-list_lists.esug.org

> Bernat Romagosa.

Joseph Pelrine [ | ]
MetaProg GmbH
Email: [hidden email]
Web:   http://www.metaprog.com

As soon as you introduce people, things become complex.

Re: [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Steve Rees-2
Until other formats are available you can try the Helix player - https://helixcommunity.org - which is designed to play RealMedia (and other) codecs under Linux.

Cheers, Steve

On 25/07/2011 12:24, Bernat Romagosa wrote:
Any chance to get them in a more friendly format? RealMedia and GNU/Linux are not very good friends ;)

Cheers,

2011/7/23 Robert Hirschfeld <[hidden email]>
A recording of Alan's talk is available online at

 http://www.tele-task.de/de/archive/lecture/overview/5819/

Best,
Robert

On Jul 8, 2011, at 1:43 AM, Robert Hirschfeld wrote:

> It is my great pleasure to announce Alan Kay's talk here at HPI.
>
> Title: "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming"
>
> Venue: Lecture Hall 1, Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam, Germany
>
> Date and time: July 21 (Thu) 2011, 16:00-17:00
>
> Additional information:
> http://www.vpri.org/html/people/founders.htm
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hpi/anfahrt?L=1
> http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/news/beitrag/computerpionier-alan-kay-wird-hpi-fellow.html
>
> (Alan's talk will be recorded and made available online.)
>
> Best,
> Robert
>
> --
> Robert Hirschfeld