[ANN] Amber 0.12.4 released

Nicolas Petton
Deal Smalltalkers,

After 3 months of development, we are happy to announce the release of
Amber 0.12.4.

Highlights:

* Several improvements in Helios, including UI-related and debugger improvements
* A new documentation (in progress) can be found at http://docs.amber-lang.net/

Commits: https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/compare/0.12.3...0.12.4
Issues:
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues?milestone=12&state=closed

API Changes:

* Package Canvas renamed to Web

* Object >> try:catch: deprecated in favour of BlockClosure >> tryCatch:

+ Announcer >>
  + on:do:for:
+ Node >>
  + navigationNodeAt:ifAbsent:
+ BlockClosure >>
  + tryCatch:
+ Environment >>
  + evaluate:for:
+ AmberCli >>
  + version:
+ Object >>
  + deprecatedAPI:
- Environment >>
  - eval:on:
  - evaluateString:on:

Cheers,
Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.4 released

philippeback
On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Deal Smalltalkers,

After 3 months of development, we are happy to announce the release of
Amber 0.12.4.

Sweet.

Highlights:

* Several improvements in Helios, including UI-related and debugger improvements
* A new documentation (in progress) can be found at http://docs.amber-lang.net/

Commits: https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/compare/0.12.3...0.12.4

Now, when doing  bower install amber --save are we going to get 0.12.4?

[...]

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.4 released

Siemen Baader

On 11 Apr 2014, at 11:37, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Deal Smalltalkers,
>
> After 3 months of development, we are happy to announce the release of
> Amber 0.12.4.

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to it!

best,
Siemen

> Highlights:
>
> * Several improvements in Helios, including UI-related and debugger improvements
> * A new documentation (in progress) can be found at http://docs.amber-lang.net/
>
> Commits: https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/compare/0.12.3...0.12.4
> Issues:
> https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/issues?milestone=12&state=closed
>
> API Changes:
>
> * Package Canvas renamed to Web
>
> * Object >> try:catch: deprecated in favour of BlockClosure >> tryCatch:
>
> + Announcer >>
>  + on:do:for:
> + Node >>
>  + navigationNodeAt:ifAbsent: