[ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

After two months of development we are happy to announce the release
of Amber 0.12.6 (skipping 0.12.5 for technical reasons). The team has
once again been busy improving Amber to make it rock more than ever!

With 260 commits done by 8 contributors, this release brings several
important improvements as well as the usual bug fixes.

Highlights:

- Helios now has a test runner
- The `amber-cli` npm package installs the CLI tooling.
  `amber` is not to be installed globally any more.  Instead, install
  `amber-cli` with `npm install -g amber-cli`.
- New `amber-init` command: After installing the cli tooling, `amber
  init` initializes a new project.
- `amber` and `amberc` cli tools can now be found in the `external`
  directory and in dedicated npm packages.
- Amber now parses `$c` character literals.
- Bootstrap 3 can be used in Amber projects
  (no more nameclash with Helios' bootstrap 2 using bootstrap2.3.2
  name).
- Wider range of jQuery versions allowed.

API changes:

+ String >>
  + value:
+ ProtocolAnnouncement >>
  + package
+ Behavior >>
  + isTestClass
+ Package >>
  + isTestPackage
+ amber/{devel,deploy,lang} exports
  + nil
+ amber/helpers exports
  + nil

We would like to thank the contributors who made this release
possible, and especially Ryan Simmons for his work on the Helios Test
Runner.

/The Amber crew.

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

Bernat Romagosa
Nice! Congratulations to all!

What's the proper procedure for updating? npm-update?

[...]

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

laci
I am getting an error at grabbing "bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js" file.
There is no dist directory under jquery.
Am I missing something?
Otherwise everything works fine.
Cheers

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

Herby Vojčík
It should behave that way. If jQuery is not found on first location location, it is loaded from second one.
Read the thread on jquery from yesterday.

laci wrote:

> Hi,
> I am getting an error at grabbing
> "bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js" file.
> There is no dist directory under jquery.
> Am I missing something?
> Otherwise everything works fine.
> Cheers

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

Bernat Romagosa
I reply to myself, npm update doesn't do the job, and neither does bower.

So what's the proper way to update?

It should behave that way. If jQuery is not found on first location location, it is loaded from second one.
Read the thread on jquery from yesterday.

laci wrote:
Hi,
I am getting an error at grabbing
"bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js" file.
There is no dist directory under jquery.
Am I missing something?
Otherwise everything works fine.
Cheers

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

Herby Vojčík
Amber is not there as npm but as bower package.
If 'bower update' or 'bower upgrade' does not do the trick, just remove 'bower_components' and do 'bower install'.

Bernat Romagosa wrote:

> I reply to myself, npm update doesn't do the job, and neither does bower.
>
> So what's the proper way to update?

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     It should behave that way. If jQuery is not found on first
>     location location, it is loaded from second one.
>     Read the thread on jquery from yesterday.
>

>     laci wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>         I am getting an error at grabbing
>         "bower_components/jquery/dist/__jquery.min.js" file.
>         There is no dist directory under jquery.
>         Am I missing something?
>         Otherwise everything works fine.
>         Cheers
>

>         --
>

>     --

> Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

Bernat Romagosa
I see, thanks! But won't it be a problem that the npm version I use for serving is different from the bower version being served?

Bernat Romagosa wrote:
I reply to myself, npm update doesn't do the job, and neither does bower.

So what's the proper way to update?

    It should behave that way. If jQuery is not found on first
    location location, it is loaded from second one.
    Read the thread on jquery from yesterday.

    laci wrote:

        Hi,
        I am getting an error at grabbing
        "bower_components/jquery/dist/__jquery.min.js" file.

        There is no dist directory under jquery.
        Am I missing something?
        Otherwise everything works fine.
        Cheers

    Groups "amber-lang" group.
    send an email to amber-lang+unsubscribe@__googlegroups.com
    <mailto:[hidden email]>.
    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

--
Bernat Romagosa.

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

Herby Vojčík

Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]>napísal/a:

I see, thanks! But won't it be a problem that the npm version I use for serving is different from the bower version being served?

No, the versions of amber cli and amber are only synchronized up to second (minor) number, the third (patch) is free for both to use on its own.