[ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

1 message Options

[ANN] Amber 0.12.6 released!

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

After two months of development we are happy to announce the release
of Amber 0.12.6 (skipping 0.12.5 for technical reasons). The team has
once again been busy improving Amber to make it rock more than ever!

With 260 commits done by 8 contributors, this release brings several
important improvements as well as the usual bug fixes.

Highlights:

- Helios now has a test runner
- The `amber-cli` npm package installs the CLI tooling.
  `amber` is not to be installed globally any more.  Instead, install
  `amber-cli` with `npm install -g amber-cli`.
- New `amber-init` command: After installing the cli tooling, `amber
  init` initializes a new project.
- `amber` and `amberc` cli tools can now be found in the `external`
  directory and in dedicated npm packages.
- Amber now parses `$c` character literals.
- Bootstrap 3 can be used in Amber projects
  (no more nameclash with Helios' bootstrap 2 using bootstrap2.3.2
  name).
- Wider range of jQuery versions allowed.

API changes:

+ String >>
  + value:
+ ProtocolAnnouncement >>
  + package
+ Behavior >>
  + isTestClass
+ Package >>
  + isTestPackage
+ amber/{devel,deploy,lang} exports
  + nil
+ amber/helpers exports
  + nil

We would like to thank the contributors who made this release
possible, and especially Ryan Simmons for his work on the Helios Test
Runner.

/The Amber crew.