[ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

[ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

hernanmd
Dear Smalltalkers,

I am proud to announce that Bioinformatics Journal has accepted and
published my article "BioSmalltalk: A pure object system and library for
bioinformatics".

Bioinformatics is the leading journal in the Bioinformatics field, and
publishes the highest quality scientific papers and review articles of
interest to academic and industrial researchers.

http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.abstract

I want to thank you, all the nice people who write regularly and helped
me in these lists over last three years. And feel free to join the Bio*
lists, there is always new cool things to do!

Best regards,

http://code.google.com/p/biosmalltalk/

Hernán Morales
Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
Internal: 422
Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Uko2
Congrats! That's a very good news

Надіслано з iPhone

16 лип. 2013 о 09:33 Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> написав(ла):

> Dear Smalltalkers,
>
> I am proud to announce that Bioinformatics Journal has accepted and
> published my article "BioSmalltalk: A pure object system and library for bioinformatics".
>
> Bioinformatics is the leading journal in the Bioinformatics field, and publishes the highest quality scientific papers and review articles of interest to academic and industrial researchers.
>
> http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.abstract
>
> I want to thank you, all the nice people who write regularly and helped
> me in these lists over last three years. And feel free to join the Bio*
> lists, there is always new cool things to do!
>
> Best regards,
>
> http://code.google.com/p/biosmalltalk/
>
> Hernán Morales
> Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
> National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
> La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
> Internal: 422
> Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Bernat Romagosa
Congratulations!!

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Tudor Girba-2
Congratulations!

Is the paper available somewhere?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

hernanmd
Doru, I can access the article through the "Full Text (PDF)" link at the right box titled "This Article". Maybe you have the right columns collapsed? There is an arrow button "Show all columns" if you cannot see the link.
Let me know.

Hernán

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Tudor Girba-2
That link requires a paying user, and I do not have that much of an interest in bio informatics :)

Cheers,
Doru

On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:30 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Doru, I can access the article through the "Full Text (PDF)" link at the right box titled "This Article". Maybe you have the right columns collapsed? There is an arrow button "Show all columns" if you cannot see the link.
> Let me know.
>
> Hernán
>

> 2013/7/16 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Congratulations!
>
> Is the paper available somewhere?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Jul 16, 2013, at 8:33 AM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear Smalltalkers,
> >
> > I am proud to announce that Bioinformatics Journal has accepted and
> > published my article "BioSmalltalk: A pure object system and library for bioinformatics".
> >
> > Bioinformatics is the leading journal in the Bioinformatics field, and publishes the highest quality scientific papers and review articles of interest to academic and industrial researchers.
> >
> > http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.abstract
> >
> > I want to thank you, all the nice people who write regularly and helped
> > me in these lists over last three years. And feel free to join the Bio*
> > lists, there is always new cool things to do!
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/biosmalltalk/
> >
> > Hernán Morales
> > Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
> > National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
> > La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> > Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
> > Internal: 422
> > Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.
> >

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
> one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

philippeback
The site asks for a userId and payment

Phil

---
Philippe Back
Dramatic Performance Improvements
Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027
Blog: http://philippeback.be | Twitter: @philippeback

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101 | 1301 Bierges | Belgium

Featured on the Software Process and Measurement Cast
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Ability Engineering EADocX Value Added Reseller

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Marcus Denker-4

On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:31 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Doru, I can access the article through the "Full Text (PDF)" link at the right box titled "This Article". Maybe you have the right columns collapsed? There is an arrow button "Show all columns" if you cannot see the link.
> Let me know.

Publishing is the act of making Paper in-accessible to the Public (that's where the name comes from).

So what all serious publishers allow you to do is to make the version that you send them (not their version) available from your
website and/or an online-archive of your employer,

It is very important to do that, as people will not jump through hoops to get your paper (e.g. go to the library?).
In the past I send emails to authors to get paper copies, but today I would just *never* do that. If *you* don't make your
paper available, why should I bother? i will just not read it and not cite it.

The journal publishing is just important for your CV and getting tenure and things like that, the paper the people
really *read* is the one they can download from your website.

        Marcus

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

hernanmd
Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the comments, I have been checking the link distribution conditions and they say people can access the article only from the Oxford Journals website for academic purposes, so here it is:

http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.full.pdf?keytype=ref&ijkey=Y2j8jNeEKVNl0rD

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Cheers,

Hernán

2013/7/17 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>

On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:31 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Doru, I can access the article through the "Full Text (PDF)" link at the right box titled "This Article". Maybe you have the right columns collapsed? There is an arrow button "Show all columns" if you cannot see the link.
> Let me know.

Publishing is the act of making Paper in-accessible to the Public (that's where the name comes from).

So what all serious publishers allow you to do is to make the version that you send them (not their version) available from your
website and/or an online-archive of your employer,

It is very important to do that, as people will not jump through hoops to get your paper (e.g. go to the library?).
In the past I send emails to authors to get paper copies, but today I would just *never* do that. If *you* don't make your
paper available, why should I bother? i will just not read it and not cite it.

The journal publishing is just important for your CV and getting tenure and things like that, the paper the people
really *read* is the one they can download from your website.

        Marcus

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes every publisher say the same. Now you have the right to have a preprint on your web site.

Stef

On Jul 17, 2013, at 9:14 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the comments, I have been checking the link distribution conditions and they say people can access the article only from the Oxford Journals website for academic purposes, so here it is:

http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/07/09/bioinformatics.btt398.full.pdf?keytype=ref&ijkey=Y2j8jNeEKVNl0rD

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Cheers,

Hernán

2013/7/17 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>

On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:31 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Doru, I can access the article through the "Full Text (PDF)" link at the right box titled "This Article". Maybe you have the right columns collapsed? There is an arrow button "Show all columns" if you cannot see the link.
> Let me know.

Publishing is the act of making Paper in-accessible to the Public (that's where the name comes from).

So what all serious publishers allow you to do is to make the version that you send them (not their version) available from your
website and/or an online-archive of your employer,

It is very important to do that, as people will not jump through hoops to get your paper (e.g. go to the library?).
In the past I send emails to authors to get paper copies, but today I would just *never* do that. If *you* don't make your
paper available, why should I bother? i will just not read it and not cite it.

The journal publishing is just important for your CV and getting tenure and things like that, the paper the people
really *read* is the one they can download from your website.

        Marcus

Re: [ANN] BioSmalltalk published in Bioinformatics Journal

Alain Busser
That's great, even faster than bioPython, and thanks to Petit Parser. That's great!

I hope it will be on good place on Pharo's web site...

On Jul 19, 2013, at 6:09 PM, Alain Busser <[hidden email]> wrote:

That's great, even faster than bioPython, and thanks to Petit Parser. That's great!

I hope it will be on good place on Pharo's web site...

I will add it to the publication lists and make a news entry...