[ANN] [Book] Dynamic Web Development with Seaside

[ANN] [Book] Dynamic Web Development with Seaside

Torsten Bergmann
You can vote for it on dzone.com too.

http://www.dzone.com/links/dynamic_web_development_with_seaside_free_book.html

Re: [ANN] [Book] Dynamic Web Development with Seaside

Lukas Renggli
If you like the book, also consider voting on the following two sites.
Having a good rankings on these services gives us visibility outside
the Smalltalk work, a lot of additional traffic and thus might attract
new people to Seaside/Smalltalk:

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=815416
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/9grp4/dynamic_web_development_with_seaside_free_book/

Lukas

2009/9/11 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:

> You can vote for it on dzone.com too.
>
> http://www.dzone.com/links/dynamic_web_development_with_seaside_free_book.html
> --
> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3 -
> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [ANN] [Book] Dynamic Web Development with Seaside

stephane ducasse
And if you like it you can also press the donate button :)

Stef

On Sep 11, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> If you like the book, also consider voting on the following two sites.
> Having a good rankings on these services gives us visibility outside
> the Smalltalk work, a lot of additional traffic and thus might attract
> new people to Seaside/Smalltalk:
>
> http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=815416
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/9grp4/dynamic_web_development_with_seaside_free_book/
>
> Lukas
>

> 2009/9/11 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:
>> You can vote for it on dzone.com too.
>>
>> http://www.dzone.com/links/dynamic_web_development_with_seaside_free_book.html
>> --
>> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla
>> Firefox 3 -
>> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)

Dietmar Schielke
Hi,

I want to make a seaside application for the iPhone and tried iSea (http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/isea).
When I use the Browser demo application the Environment page is displayed correct but if i click on a category only the toolbar changes. The content of the list are still the cetegories.
I debugged a lot but can't figure out what is going wrong.

I'm unsing seaside one-click exxperience 2.8.4 under windows and Firefox (have not tried to access seaside with the iPhne jet).

Any hints would be great!

Any body developing iPhone web-apps with seaside?

Thanks in advance!

Dietmar

Re: iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)

Lukas Renggli
> Any body developing iPhone web-apps with seaside?

Yes, I did implement some applications.  iSea never worked for me
though. Cool for a demo and a quick prototype, but too limiting and
slow for a real application.

I wrote some complex application using jQuery for Seaside, see the
screenshot on slide 69 in this presentation
http://www.slideshare.net/renggli/seaside-the-revenge-of-smalltalk.
The problem is that the latency of the network is generally too high
to get a snappy application, even when it was used on a WiFi network
that was directly connected to the server.

In the end I learned Objective-C, CocoaTouch and bought an Apple
developer license. Manual garbage collection is painful, but the
result is perfect.

Running Pharo locally on the iPhone would probably solve the network
latency issue. I haven't tried that yet though.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)

johnmci

On 2009-10-01, at 4:12 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Running Pharo locally on the iPhone would probably solve the network
> latency issue. I haven't tried that yet though.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Er like http://www.mobilewikiserver.com
yes much faster if the http server is on the iphone

--
=
=

Antwort: Re: iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)

Dietmar Schielke

thanks for you  hints Lukas!
My application is for a small home automation system (checking the room temperature or switching light off from the couch...). So I need to connect to my server anyway and I think a Web-App  is the right way to go.
Now I'm looking for an easy way to get the iPhone look and feel with seaside.

So iSea seems not the way to go. I will have a look jQuery for seaside.

Thanks again!

Dietmar

[hidden email] schrieb am 01.10.2009 13:12:29:

> Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>

> Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>

> 01.10.2009 13:12

> Re: [Seaside] iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)

> Gesendet von:

> [hidden email]

> > Any body developing iPhone web-apps with seaside?
>
> Yes, I did implement some applications.  iSea never worked for me
> though. Cool for a demo and a quick prototype, but too limiting and
> slow for a real application.
>
> I wrote some complex application using jQuery for Seaside, see the
> screenshot on slide 69 in this presentation

http://www.slideshare.net/renggli/seaside-the-revenge-of-smalltalk.
> The problem is that the latency of the network is generally too high
> to get a snappy application, even when it was used on a WiFi network
> that was directly connected to the server.
>
> In the end I learned Objective-C, CocoaTouch and bought an Apple
> developer license. Manual garbage collection is painful, but the
> result is perfect.
>
> Running Pharo locally on the iPhone would probably solve the network
> latency issue. I haven't tried that yet though.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Antwort: Re: iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)

Lorenzo
Hi Dietmer,

I have read of your application; maybe you could be interested into the field in which I am working at present i.e. neuro-fuzzy systems.

I have developped in VSE-ST a framework for creating expert systems that, IMHO can be fit for your application.

Please, tell me if you could be interested to join your efforts with mine.

Ciao

Lorenzo

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch