[ANN] Bootstrap for Seaside3 project (Release 0.1.0)

[ANN] Bootstrap for Seaside3 project (Release 0.1.0)

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

there are various frameworks out there helping you to ease common tasks in web development.
One of them is Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com) that is used more and more to easily style
web sites and web applications.

We had wrappers for Bootstrap supporting Seaside in the past already:
 - the TwitterBootstrap project on SS3 from the Seaside team
 - the TBootstrap project from Gaston Dall Oglio

Unfortunately these projects are not up to date with the latest Bootstrap version,
not covered by tests, had no docu or examples, no CI, ...

To provide better support for Bootstrap and Seaside3 development I created a fresh project
called "Bootstrap for Seaside" (or "Bootstrap" for short).

This new project is
 - nearly feature complete regarding components (Nav, Navbar, Jumbotron, Buttons, Alarms, Layouts, ...)
 - uses the latest Bootstrap libraries (http://getbootstrap.com)
 - covered by more than 160 tests
 - completed with an example browser that shows Bootstrap components and according Smalltalk code
 - available at STHub (http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap)
 - documented (see mentioned project website on STHub) with docu support for PharoOnlineHelp and catalog
 - controlled by CI (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Bootstrap/)
 - easily loadable using config browser in Pharo 2.0

Attached are some screenshots from the project itself.

More details can be found in the more docu at the project site on SmalltalkHub. Just scroll down at the
info page provided there.

You can easily load it in a fresh Pharo 2.0 as "Bootstrap" from the config browser. It loads Seaside3
as a dependency. After loading evaluate

  ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080

to start the webserver and go to http://localhost:8080/bootstrap to browse the samples.

Feel free to use it for your next Pharo/Seaside/Bootstrap based web project and thanks in advance
for any contribution you may give to the project in the future.

Bye
T.

tbsScreen2.png (42K) Download Attachment
tbsScreen1.png (45K) Download Attachment
tbsScreen3.png (50K) Download Attachment
tbsLogo.png (25K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] Bootstrap for Seaside3 project (Release 0.1.0)

Stéphane Ducasse
Gorgeous!!!!

On Oct 3, 2013, at 12:52 AM, "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there are various frameworks out there helping you to ease common tasks in web development.
> One of them is Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com) that is used more and more to easily style
> web sites and web applications.
>
> We had wrappers for Bootstrap supporting Seaside in the past already:
> - the TwitterBootstrap project on SS3 from the Seaside team
> - the TBootstrap project from Gaston Dall Oglio
>
> Unfortunately these projects are not up to date with the latest Bootstrap version,
> not covered by tests, had no docu or examples, no CI, ...
>
> To provide better support for Bootstrap and Seaside3 development I created a fresh project
> called "Bootstrap for Seaside" (or "Bootstrap" for short).
>
> This new project is
> - nearly feature complete regarding components (Nav, Navbar, Jumbotron, Buttons, Alarms, Layouts, ...)
> - uses the latest Bootstrap libraries (http://getbootstrap.com)
> - covered by more than 160 tests
> - completed with an example browser that shows Bootstrap components and according Smalltalk code
> - available at STHub (http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap)
> - documented (see mentioned project website on STHub) with docu support for PharoOnlineHelp and catalog
> - controlled by CI (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Bootstrap/)
> - easily loadable using config browser in Pharo 2.0
>
> Attached are some screenshots from the project itself.
>
> More details can be found in the more docu at the project site on SmalltalkHub. Just scroll down at the
> info page provided there.
>
> You can easily load it in a fresh Pharo 2.0 as "Bootstrap" from the config browser. It loads Seaside3
> as a dependency. After loading evaluate
>
>  ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
>
> to start the webserver and go to http://localhost:8080/bootstrap to browse the samples.
>
> Feel free to use it for your next Pharo/Seaside/Bootstrap based web project and thanks in advance
> for any contribution you may give to the project in the future.
>
> Bye
> T.
> <tbsScreen2.png><tbsScreen1.png><tbsScreen3.png><tbsLogo.png>

Re: [ANN] Bootstrap for Seaside3 project (Release 0.1.0)

Luc Fabresse
Thank you very much Torsten!

#Luc

2013/10/3 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
Gorgeous!!!!

On Oct 3, 2013, at 12:52 AM, "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there are various frameworks out there helping you to ease common tasks in web development.
> One of them is Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com) that is used more and more to easily style
> web sites and web applications.
>
> We had wrappers for Bootstrap supporting Seaside in the past already:
> - the TwitterBootstrap project on SS3 from the Seaside team
> - the TBootstrap project from Gaston Dall Oglio
>
> Unfortunately these projects are not up to date with the latest Bootstrap version,
> not covered by tests, had no docu or examples, no CI, ...
>
> To provide better support for Bootstrap and Seaside3 development I created a fresh project
> called "Bootstrap for Seaside" (or "Bootstrap" for short).
>
> This new project is
> - nearly feature complete regarding components (Nav, Navbar, Jumbotron, Buttons, Alarms, Layouts, ...)
> - uses the latest Bootstrap libraries (http://getbootstrap.com)
> - covered by more than 160 tests
> - completed with an example browser that shows Bootstrap components and according Smalltalk code
> - available at STHub (http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap)
> - documented (see mentioned project website on STHub) with docu support for PharoOnlineHelp and catalog
> - controlled by CI (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Bootstrap/)
> - easily loadable using config browser in Pharo 2.0
>
> Attached are some screenshots from the project itself.
>
> More details can be found in the more docu at the project site on SmalltalkHub. Just scroll down at the
> info page provided there.
>
> You can easily load it in a fresh Pharo 2.0 as "Bootstrap" from the config browser. It loads Seaside3
> as a dependency. After loading evaluate
>
>  ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
>
> to start the webserver and go to http://localhost:8080/bootstrap to browse the samples.
>
> Feel free to use it for your next Pharo/Seaside/Bootstrap based web project and thanks in advance
> for any contribution you may give to the project in the future.
>
> Bye
> T.
> <tbsScreen2.png><tbsScreen1.png><tbsScreen3.png><tbsLogo.png>

Re: [ANN] Bootstrap for Seaside3 project (Release 0.1.0)

Tim Hendriks
Great, Thanks!!!!

Op 3-10-2013 0:52, Torsten Bergmann schreef:

> Hi,
>
> there are various frameworks out there helping you to ease common tasks in web development.
> One of them is Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com) that is used more and more to easily style
> web sites and web applications.
>
> We had wrappers for Bootstrap supporting Seaside in the past already:
>   - the TwitterBootstrap project on SS3 from the Seaside team
>   - the TBootstrap project from Gaston Dall Oglio
>
> Unfortunately these projects are not up to date with the latest Bootstrap version,
> not covered by tests, had no docu or examples, no CI, ...
>
> To provide better support for Bootstrap and Seaside3 development I created a fresh project
> called "Bootstrap for Seaside" (or "Bootstrap" for short).
>
> This new project is
>   - nearly feature complete regarding components (Nav, Navbar, Jumbotron, Buttons, Alarms, Layouts, ...)
>   - uses the latest Bootstrap libraries (http://getbootstrap.com)
>   - covered by more than 160 tests
>   - completed with an example browser that shows Bootstrap components and according Smalltalk code
>   - available at STHub (http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap)
>   - documented (see mentioned project website on STHub) with docu support for PharoOnlineHelp and catalog
>   - controlled by CI (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Bootstrap/)
>   - easily loadable using config browser in Pharo 2.0
>
> Attached are some screenshots from the project itself.
>
> More details can be found in the more docu at the project site on SmalltalkHub. Just scroll down at the
> info page provided there.
>
> You can easily load it in a fresh Pharo 2.0 as "Bootstrap" from the config browser. It loads Seaside3
> as a dependency. After loading evaluate
>
>    ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
>
> to start the webserver and go to http://localhost:8080/bootstrap to browse the samples.
>
> Feel free to use it for your next Pharo/Seaside/Bootstrap based web project and thanks in advance
> for any contribution you may give to the project in the future.
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: [ANN] Bootstrap for Seaside3 project (Release 0.1.0)

EstebanLM
Hi,

that's cool... hot it relates with http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html ?

cheers,
Esteban

On Oct 3, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ben

On Oct 3, 2013, at 12:17 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

that's cool... hot it relates with http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html ?

We had wrappers for Bootstrap supporting Seaside in the past already:
- the TwitterBootstrap project on SS3 from the Seaside team
Unfortunately these projects are not up to date with the latest Bootstrap version,
not covered by tests, had no docu or examples, no CI, ...

This way I guess

he, I should read more in detail :)

[...]

jfabry

I just tried it and will be using it for real in a few weeks. It's really cool, thanks a lot !!

On Oct 2, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there are various frameworks out there helping you to ease common tasks in web development.
> One of them is Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com) that is used more and more to easily style
> web sites and web applications.
>
> We had wrappers for Bootstrap supporting Seaside in the past already:
> - the TwitterBootstrap project on SS3 from the Seaside team
> - the TBootstrap project from Gaston Dall Oglio
>
> Unfortunately these projects are not up to date with the latest Bootstrap version,
> not covered by tests, had no docu or examples, no CI, ...
>
> To provide better support for Bootstrap and Seaside3 development I created a fresh project
> called "Bootstrap for Seaside" (or "Bootstrap" for short).
>
> This new project is
> - nearly feature complete regarding components (Nav, Navbar, Jumbotron, Buttons, Alarms, Layouts, ...)
> - uses the latest Bootstrap libraries (http://getbootstrap.com)
> - covered by more than 160 tests
> - completed with an example browser that shows Bootstrap components and according Smalltalk code
> - available at STHub (http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap)
> - documented (see mentioned project website on STHub) with docu support for PharoOnlineHelp and catalog
> - controlled by CI (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Bootstrap/)
> - easily loadable using config browser in Pharo 2.0
>
> Attached are some screenshots from the project itself.
>
> More details can be found in the more docu at the project site on SmalltalkHub. Just scroll down at the
> info page provided there.
>
> You can easily load it in a fresh Pharo 2.0 as "Bootstrap" from the config browser. It loads Seaside3
> as a dependency. After loading evaluate
>
>  ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
>
> to start the webserver and go to http://localhost:8080/bootstrap to browse the samples.
>
> Feel free to use it for your next Pharo/Seaside/Bootstrap based web project and thanks in advance
> for any contribution you may give to the project in the future.
>
> Bye
> T.
> <tbsScreen2.png><tbsScreen1.png><tbsScreen3.png><tbsLogo.png>

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

On Oct 8, 2013, at 1:27 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I just tried it and will be using it for real in a few weeks. It's really cool, thanks a lot !!
>
> Load the latest 0.2.0 - it now includes also support for hover.js, carousel, progress bar, ... as
> well.

Doing stuff on hover would be cool. But I don't see an example for hover.js. Could you include one?

Thanks!