[ANN] Camp Smalltalk Supreme Finalized!

horrido
As of today, Wednesday, June 17, 2021, I have successfully nailed down the most exciting roster of keynote speakers for Camp Smalltalk Supreme next year. Here they are:
  1. Adele Goldberg — co-creator of Smalltalk
  2. Dan Ingalls — co-creator of Smalltalk
  3. Kent Beck — Smalltalk pioneer
  4. David Buck — Smalltalk veteran and podcaster
This will be the greatest programming language birthday bash ever. As I wrote to Dan Ingalls...

"I checked birthday celebrations for other languages like FORTRAN, LISP, COBOL, BASIC, and Pascal, and they were quite anemic."

For more information, visit: https://gofund.me/225341e3

I invite presenters to register.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard

Russ Whaley

Re: [ANN] Camp Smalltalk Supreme Finalized!

horrido
FYI, the previous five Camps Smalltalk have fallen on weekends...

Las Vegas - March 12-13, 2011
Cambridge - Aug. 16-17, 2014
Nanaimo - Oct. 3-6, 2014
Ottawa - June 12-14, 2015
Charlotte - March 29-31, 2019
Portland - Oct. 4-6, 2019

The only weekday Camps Smalltalk were the earliest ones...

San Diego - March 14-18, 2000
Annapolis - July 17-20, 2000
Minneapolis - Oct. 15-19, 2000
Seattle - Nov. 2-8, 2002 (it included the weekend)

Choosing between weekdays and weekends is always tricky. As Camps Smalltalk tend to be open to the general public, weekends do seem more appropriate, though. Casual visitors won't take time off from work or school to attend.