[ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

[ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

EstebanLM
Hi,
I'm releasing a version for Cocoa Squeak VM, version 5.7.4.1
This is just a small bugfix version to make OSProcess plugin works.

You can download it from here: Squeak 5.7.4.1
(This version includes the OSProcess plugin as an external plugin)

yes... small steps, I'm sorry for that.

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Tudor Girba
Small steps are way better than no steps :). Thanks for your steady work.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Stéphane Ducasse
+20000

On Mar 8, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Small steps are way better than no steps :). Thanks for your steady work.
>
> Doru
>

> On 8 Mar 2011, at 19:33, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm releasing a version for Cocoa Squeak VM, version 5.7.4.1
>> This is just a small bugfix version to make OSProcess plugin works.
>>
>> You can download it from here: Squeak 5.7.4.1
>> (This version includes the OSProcess plugin as an external plugin)
>>
>> yes... small steps, I'm sorry for that.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Esteban
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Philippe Marschall-2
On 03/08/2011 07:33 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm releasing a version for Cocoa Squeak VM, version 5.7.4.1
> This is just a small bugfix version to make OSProcess plugin works.
>
> You can download it from here: Squeak 5.7.4.1
> <http://squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%205.7.4.1.zip>
> (This version includes the OSProcess plugin as an external plugin)

I'm really confused. How does this compare to the Mac VMs by John McIntosh?

Which of the following five places is the recommend one to get a Mac VM?

http://squeakvm.org/mac/
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com
http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/FileSharing.html
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Fernando olivero-2
John used to maintain the MAC VM's, Esteban is the new maintainer
since this year.
Here: http://squeakvm.org/mac/

Eliot releases the new series of optimized VMs, called CogVM. (see the
past emails relating CogVMs for a better description).
Here: http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/

Fernando

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/08/2011 07:33 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>> I'm releasing a version for Cocoa Squeak VM, version 5.7.4.1
>> This is just a small bugfix version to make OSProcess plugin works.
>>
>> You can download it from here: Squeak 5.7.4.1
>> <http://squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%205.7.4.1.zip>
>> (This version includes the OSProcess plugin as an external plugin)
>
> I'm really confused. How does this compare to the Mac VMs by John McIntosh?
>
> Which of the following five places is the recommend one to get a Mac VM?
>
> http://squeakvm.org/mac/
> ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com
> http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/FileSharing.html
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Thanks Esteban.

BTW, I was expecting to find it on  hudson server. I think we should have everything gathered there.

Noury

On 9 mars 2011, at 08:54, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> On 03/08/2011 07:33 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>> I'm releasing a version for Cocoa Squeak VM, version 5.7.4.1
>> This is just a small bugfix version to make OSProcess plugin works.
>>
>> You can download it from here: Squeak 5.7.4.1
>> <http://squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%205.7.4.1.zip>
>> (This version includes the OSProcess plugin as an external plugin)
>
> I'm really confused. How does this compare to the Mac VMs by John McIntosh?
>
> Which of the following five places is the recommend one to get a Mac VM?
>
> http://squeakvm.org/mac/
> ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com
> http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/FileSharing.html
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Noury Bouraqadi
http://car.mines-douai.fr/noury
--
-6th National Conference on
“Control Architecture of Robots”

-19th ESUG International Smalltalk Conference
22-26 August 2011, Edinburgh, UK
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011

-19èmes Journées Francophones sur les Systèmes Multi-Agents (JFSMA’11)
http://www.univ-valenciennes.fr/congres/jfsma2011/
17-19 Octobre 2011, Valenciennes, France

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 9, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Thanks Esteban.
>
> BTW, I was expecting to find it on  hudson server. I think we should have everything gathered there.

Not yet.

the day has just 24 hours...

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Igor Stasenko
On 9 March 2011 09:31, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Thanks Esteban.
>>
>> BTW, I was expecting to find it on  hudson server. I think we should have everything gathered there.
>>

> Not yet.
>
> the day has just 24 hours...

yes.. Esteban, You are the first in a line. :)

>        Marcus
>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Thanks Marcus for all the energy you spend on the CI server !

On 9 mars 2011, at 09:31, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Thanks Esteban.
>>
>> BTW, I was expecting to find it on  hudson server. I think we should have everything gathered there.
>>

> Not yet.
>
> the day has just 24 hours...
>
> Marcus
>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Noury Bouraqadi
http://car.mines-douai.fr/noury
--
-6th National Conference on
“Control Architecture of Robots”
24-25 may 2011, Grenoble area, France
http://car2011.inrialpes.fr/

-19th ESUG International Smalltalk Conference
22-26 August 2011, Edinburgh, UK
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011

-19èmes Journées Francophones sur les Systèmes Multi-Agents (JFSMA’11)
http://www.univ-valenciennes.fr/congres/jfsma2011/
17-19 Octobre 2011, Valenciennes, France

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Tudor Girba
Indeed. This is a game changer.

Doru

On 9 Mar 2011, at 11:28, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Thanks Marcus for all the energy you spend on the CI server !
>
> On 9 mars 2011, at 09:31, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On Mar 9, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Esteban.
>>>
>>> BTW, I was expecting to find it on  hudson server. I think we should have everything gathered there.
>>>

>> Not yet.
>>
>> the day has just 24 hours...
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>> --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.
>>

> Noury Bouraqadi
> http://car.mines-douai.fr/noury
> --
> -6th National Conference on
> “Control Architecture of Robots”
> 24-25 may 2011, Grenoble area, France
> http://car2011.inrialpes.fr/
>
> -19th ESUG International Smalltalk Conference
> 22-26 August 2011, Edinburgh, UK
> http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011
>
> -19èmes Journées Francophones sur les Systèmes Multi-Agents (JFSMA’11)
> http://www.univ-valenciennes.fr/congres/jfsma2011/
> 17-19 Octobre 2011, Valenciennes, France

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Tapple Gao
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 09:15:39AM +0100, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
> Thanks Esteban.
>
> BTW, I was expecting to find it on  hudson server. I think we should have everything gathered there.

What is hudson server?

Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Damien Pollet

http://ci.pharo-project.org/

--
Damien Pollet

Re: [ANN] Cocoa Squeak VM 5.7.4.1 (non-Cog) released

Hi matthew

If you need to build something automatically for your project we can help.

Stef