[ANN] ConfigurationOfOSProcess with symbolic versions

[ANN] ConfigurationOfOSProcess with symbolic versions

Miguel Cobá
Hi all,

I have updated the Metacello configuration for OSProcess.

Changes
-------

 - Uses symbolic versions
 - Adds support for release 4.4.0 of OSProcess
 - Applies MetacelloToolBox validations to the old versions of the
configuration and corrects them

Install
--------

In a PharoCore image evaluate in a workspace:

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
  load.
((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
#stable) load.

This will install the stable version for the platform you are installing
to. This is using symbolic versions and permits to rely on the
maintainers to specify the stable version (4.3.11, 4.3.12, 4.4.0) for a
given platform version (PharoCore 1.1.1, PharoCore 1.2).

Other versions and groups
---------------------------

To load older versions:

((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
'4.3.11') load.

To load other groups:

((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
#stable) load: 'Tests'.

or

((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
'4.3.11') load: 'Tests'.

Platforms
----------

This was tested on

- PharoCore 1.1.1
  190 run, 190 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0
unexpected passes

- PharoCore 1.2 (build #199 from Hudson)
  190 run, 190 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0
unexpected passes

P.S. I'm cross-posting to pharo and metacello lists but I don't know
what is the correct way to announce a new configuration. Advise?

Enjoy!
--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz

Re: [ANN] ConfigurationOfOSProcess with symbolic versions

David T. Lewis
Thank you Miguel!

Dave

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 03:00:23AM -0600, Miguel Cob? wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have updated the Metacello configuration for OSProcess.
>
> Changes
> -------
>
>  - Uses symbolic versions
>  - Adds support for release 4.4.0 of OSProcess
>  - Applies MetacelloToolBox validations to the old versions of the
> configuration and corrects them
>
> Install
> --------
>
> In a PharoCore image evaluate in a workspace:
>
> Gofer it
>   squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
>   load.
> ((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
> #stable) load.
>
> This will install the stable version for the platform you are installing
> to. This is using symbolic versions and permits to rely on the
> maintainers to specify the stable version (4.3.11, 4.3.12, 4.4.0) for a
> given platform version (PharoCore 1.1.1, PharoCore 1.2).
>
> Other versions and groups
> ---------------------------
>
> To load older versions:
>
> ((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
> '4.3.11') load.
>
> To load other groups:
>
> ((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
> #stable) load: 'Tests'.
>
> or
>
> ((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
> '4.3.11') load: 'Tests'.
>

> Platforms
> ----------
>
> This was tested on
>
> - PharoCore 1.1.1
>   190 run, 190 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0
> unexpected passes
>
> - PharoCore 1.2 (build #199 from Hudson)
>   190 run, 190 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0
> unexpected passes
>
> P.S. I'm cross-posting to pharo and metacello lists but I don't know
> what is the correct way to announce a new configuration. Advise?
>
> Enjoy!
> --
> Miguel Cob??
> http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] ConfigurationOfOSProcess with symbolic versions

Miguel Cobá
Also tested on

- Squeak 4.2 All in One, Squeak image 10966
190 run, 189 passes, 0 expected failures, 1 failures, 0 errors, 0
unexpected passes

On  UnixProcessUnixFileLockingTestCase>>#testCooperatingProcess04

Cheer

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] ConfigurationOfOSProcess with symbolic versions

tx a lot.

I was writing some text based on dale blog on the toolbox and I'm convinced
now that we could manage the (core and core+dev) with metacello instead of
scriptloader. Need time for that.

Stef

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 09:32:52AM -0600, Miguel Cob? wrote:

> Also tested on
>
> - Squeak 4.2 All in One, Squeak image 10966
> 190 run, 189 passes, 0 expected failures, 1 failures, 0 errors, 0
> unexpected passes
>
> On  UnixProcessUnixFileLockingTestCase>>#testCooperatingProcess04
>
> Cheer

The #testCooperatingProcesses04 is a bit flakey as it depends to
some extent on the timing of two cooperating VM processes. So this
is nothing to worry about (except perhaps for my poor test) and you
will probably see intermittent failures on any image.

Thanks again for the updates!

Dave

> El s??b, 19-02-2011 a las 08:50 -0500, David T. Lewis escribi??:
> > Thank you Miguel!
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 03:00:23AM -0600, Miguel Cob? wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have updated the Metacello configuration for OSProcess.
> > >
> > > Changes
> > > -------
> > >
> > >  - Uses symbolic versions
> > >  - Adds support for release 4.4.0 of OSProcess
> > >  - Applies MetacelloToolBox validations to the old versions of the
> > > configuration and corrects them
> > >
> > > Install
> > > --------
> > >
> > > In a PharoCore image evaluate in a workspace:
> > >
> > > Gofer it
> > >   squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> > >   package: 'ConfigurationOfOSProcess';
> > >   load.
> > > ((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
> > > #stable) load.
> > >
> > > This will install the stable version for the platform you are installing
> > > to. This is using symbolic versions and permits to rely on the
> > > maintainers to specify the stable version (4.3.11, 4.3.12, 4.4.0) for a
> > > given platform version (PharoCore 1.1.1, PharoCore 1.2).
> > >
> > > Other versions and groups
> > > ---------------------------
> > >
> > > To load older versions:
> > >
> > > ((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
> > > '4.3.11') load.
> > >
> > > To load other groups:
> > >
> > > ((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
> > > #stable) load: 'Tests'.
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > ((Smalltalk globals at: #ConfigurationOfOSProcess) project version:
> > > '4.3.11') load: 'Tests'.
> > >

> > > Platforms
> > > ----------
> > >
> > > This was tested on
> > >
> > > - PharoCore 1.1.1
> > >   190 run, 190 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0
> > > unexpected passes
> > >
> > > - PharoCore 1.2 (build #199 from Hudson)
> > >   190 run, 190 passes, 0 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0
> > > unexpected passes
> > >
> > > P.S. I'm cross-posting to pharo and metacello lists but I don't know
> > > what is the correct way to announce a new configuration. Advise?
> > >
> > > Enjoy!
> > > --
> > > Miguel Cob??
> > > http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
> > > http://miguel.leugim.com.mx
> > >

> --
> Miguel Cob??
> http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [ANN] ConfigurationOfOSProcess with symbolic versions

Miguel Cobá
Ok, thanks for the info!

Cheers