[ANN] CouchDB Client for Pharo

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hello all,

I finished polishing the repository a CouchDB client for Pharo that I forked from an old, and seemingly abandoned, client for VisualWorks.

I took that code and refactored heavily to use Pharo and Zinc core classes, and that included renaming the client classes, methods and the strategy used to map objects to/from JSON.

It is available at:

I'm open to questions or suggestions about this or how to use it.

Disclaimer:
This is mostly experimental since I'm not using it in production and was done as a means of exploration of CouchDB itself for a project I'm prospecting.

There are a lot of features that could be added to the client, and things that could be refactored further (such as the class side request methods), but adding that is simple, and the current state provides almost feature complete coverage.

Best regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: [ANN] CouchDB Client for Pharo

Julien Delplanque-2
Cool!

I added an entry [1] for it to awesome-pharos [2].

Cheers,

Julien

Links:

---
Julien Delplanque
Doctorant à l’Université de Lille
Bâtiment B 40, Avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq
Numéro de téléphone: +333 59 35 86 40

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: [ANN] CouchDB Client for Pharo

Esteban A. Maringolo
Well... I wasn't aware such client existed. #facepalm

Looking at it, it seems to fulfill the pending features I was talking about, including the option to use Pharo as a View server! (running map/reduce operations) and the Mango Queries (it's not a typo of Mongo, it's a different thing [1]).

It is certainly more complete, but also heavier and more complex to use for simple operations.  In any case I added a link to it in the README.md of my repository for those looking for the missing parts.

Thank you!

[1]  https://github.com/cloudant/mango

Esteban A. Maringolo

Esteban A. Maringolo