classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] CouchDB Client for Pharo

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hello all,

I finished polishing the repository a CouchDB client for Pharo that I forked from an old, and seemingly abandoned, client for VisualWorks.

I took that code and refactored heavily to use Pharo and Zinc core classes, and that included renaming the client classes, methods and the strategy used to map objects to/from JSON.

It is available at: 

I'm open to questions or suggestions about this or how to use it.

Disclaimer:
This is mostly experimental since I'm not using it in production and was done as a means of exploration of CouchDB itself for a project I'm prospecting.

There are a lot of features that could be added to the client, and things that could be refactored further (such as the class side request methods), but adding that is simple, and the current state provides almost feature complete coverage.

Best regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [ANN] CouchDB Client for Pharo

Torsten Bergmann
Nice. How does it relate/compare to https://github.com/jmari/SCouchDB ?

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. März 2019 um 03:18 Uhr
Von: "Esteban Maringolo" <[hidden email]>
An: "Pharo users" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: [Pharo-users] [ANN] CouchDB Client for Pharo
Hello all,

I finished polishing the repository a CouchDB client for Pharo that I forked from an old, and seemingly abandoned, client for VisualWorks.

I took that code and refactored heavily to use Pharo and Zinc core classes, and that included renaming the client classes, methods and the strategy used to map objects to/from JSON.

It is available at: 

Disclaimer:
This is mostly experimental since I'm not using it in production and was done as a means of exploration of CouchDB itself for a project I'm prospecting.

There are a lot of features that could be added to the client, and things that could be refactored further (such as the class side request methods), but adding that is simple, and the current state provides almost feature complete coverage.

Best regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo
Reply | Threaded
|

Julien Delplanque-2
In reply to this post by Esteban A. Maringolo
Cool!

I added an entry [1] for it to awesome-pharos [2].

Cheers,

Julien

Links:

---
Julien Delplanque
Doctorant à l’Université de Lille
Bâtiment B 40, Avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq
Numéro de téléphone: +333 59 35 86 40

Le 13 mars 2019 à 03:18, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hello all,

It is available at: 

Disclaimer:

Best regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Reply | Threaded
|

Esteban A. Maringolo
In reply to this post by Torsten Bergmann
Well... I wasn't aware such client existed. #facepalm

Looking at it, it seems to fulfill the pending features I was talking about, including the option to use Pharo as a View server! (running map/reduce operations) and the Mango Queries (it's not a typo of Mongo, it's a different thing [1]).

It is certainly more complete, but also heavier and more complex to use for simple operations.  In any case I added a link to it in the README.md of my repository for those looking for the missing parts.

Thank you!

[1]  https://github.com/cloudant/mango

Esteban A. Maringolo

El mié., 13 mar. 2019 a las 4:30, Torsten Bergmann (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Nice. How does it relate/compare to https://github.com/jmari/SCouchDB ?

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. März 2019 um 03:18 Uhr
Von: "Esteban Maringolo" <[hidden email]>
An: "Pharo users" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: [Pharo-users] [ANN] CouchDB Client for Pharo
Hello all,

It is available at: 

Disclaimer:

Best regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo
Reply | Threaded
|

Sanjay Minni
In reply to this post by Julien Delplanque-2
I could not see an entry for Voyage here. Am I missing seeing it.

On Wed 13 Mar, 2019, 1:39 PM Julien, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool!

I added an entry [1] for it to awesome-pharos [2].

Cheers,

Julien

Links:

---
Julien Delplanque
Doctorant à l’Université de Lille
Bâtiment B 40, Avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq
Numéro de téléphone: +333 59 35 86 40

Le 13 mars 2019 à 03:18, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hello all,

It is available at: 

Disclaimer:

Best regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

cheers,
Sanjay