[ANN] Cuis-HTTP (Cuis-WebClient replacement)

dsg

[ANN] Cuis-HTTP (Cuis-WebClient replacement)

dsg
Hi all,

I spent much of the weekend refactoring and cleaning up the Cuis-WebClient libraries.  46 out of 55 tests are now passing (1 odd URL encoding issue, the rest are related to websocket data typing).  I’ve also removed non-http and duplicate code for things like JSON, and added the squeak help documentation to the HTTPClient class.  Since the goal is to removed everything that’s not part of the http protocol, I thought it prudent to rename it. :)

https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-HTTP

Please test and let me know of any issues, or better yet, fixes.  I’d be honored to see this in Core-Packages, once everything is passing.

Re: [ANN] Cuis-HTTP (Cuis-WebClient replacement)

Casey Ransberger-2
THANK YOU!!!
(Oops... I shouted.)

--C

> On Mar 29, 2015, at 7:18 PM, David Graham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I spent much of the weekend refactoring and cleaning up the Cuis-WebClient libraries.  46 out of 55 tests are now passing (1 odd URL encoding issue, the rest are related to websocket data typing).  I’ve also removed non-http and duplicate code for things like JSON, and added the squeak help documentation to the HTTPClient class.  Since the goal is to removed everything that’s not part of the http protocol, I thought it prudent to rename it. :)
>
> https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-HTTP
>
> Please test and let me know of any issues, or better yet, fixes.  I’d be honored to see this in Core-Packages, once everything is passing.

Re: [ANN] Cuis-HTTP (Cuis-WebClient replacement)

Juan Vuletich-4
This is just great! Thank you!

This should indeed be a Core-Package for Cuis.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On 3/29/2015 11:18 PM, David Graham wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I spent much of the weekend refactoring and cleaning up the Cuis-WebClient libraries.  46 out of 55 tests are now passing (1 odd URL encoding issue, the rest are related to websocket data typing).  I’ve also removed non-http and duplicate code for things like JSON, and added the squeak help documentation to the HTTPClient class.  Since the goal is to removed everything that’s not part of the http protocol, I thought it prudent to rename it. :)
>
> https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-HTTP
>
> Please test and let me know of any issues, or better yet, fixes.  I’d be honored to see this in Core-Packages, once everything is passing.

Re: [ANN] Cuis-HTTP (Cuis-WebClient replacement)

garduino
Indeed good news!

How I should try?

I took an updated image, installed UUID and DigitalSignature and then Cuis-HTTP but I get several errors, I suspect that some prereq are not meet. Might be?

Hi all,

I spent much of the weekend refactoring and cleaning up the Cuis-WebClient libraries.  46 out of 55 tests are now passing (1 odd URL encoding issue, the rest are related to websocket data typing).  I’ve also removed non-http and duplicate code for things like JSON, and added the squeak help documentation to the HTTPClient class.  Since the goal is to removed everything that’s not part of the http protocol, I thought it prudent to rename it. :)

https://github.com/davidgraham/Cuis-HTTP

Please test and let me know of any issues, or better yet, fixes.  I’d be honored to see this in Core-Packages, once everything is passing.

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

dsg

Re: [ANN] Cuis-HTTP (Cuis-WebClient replacement)

dsg
Hi Germán,

I'm not sure why you're seeing that error message… I can’t find any references to millisecondsSince in the packages I created?

I don’t see any error messages when I grab the current Cuis image, install Core-Packages, and the 3 I created for http.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2015, at 4:36 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi David, you are right, it's my fault.

I used an old network-protocol package.

Sorry by the noise.