[ANN] Dependency Browser update

hernanmd
Dear all,
  I've updated the Dependency Browser package and documentation, take
a look here:

http://cs.hernanmorales.com.ar/projects/dependencyBrowser/DBrowser-en.php

Quick install if you have OmniBrowser and Installer packages loaded:

| dwInstaller |
dwInstaller := Installer ss project: 'DependencyWalker'.
dwInstaller
        install: 'DependencyWalker';
        install: 'OBDependencyWalker';
        install: 'DWTraitsFix'.
( Smalltalk version beginsWith: 'Squeak' )
  ifTrue: [ dwInstaller install: 'OBDWMethodNodeFix' ]

Cheers.

Hernán

Re: [ANN] Dependency Browser update

Simon Denier-3
Hi Hernan

That's a pretty neat tool, very professional. I would vote for its
inclusion in an extended Pharo for developers.

But you know what would be even cooler? If you can take into account
the explicit dependencies of Monticello packages and highlight in red
those non-system packages which are not explicitly declared as
dependencies i.e. packages which would failed if loaded in a fresh
image because of missing implicit dependencies.

On 4 mai 09, at 01:39, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> Dear all,
>  I've updated the Dependency Browser package and documentation, take
> a look here:
>
> http://cs.hernanmorales.com.ar/projects/dependencyBrowser/DBrowser-en.php
>
> Quick install if you have OmniBrowser and Installer packages loaded:
>
> | dwInstaller |
> dwInstaller := Installer ss project: 'DependencyWalker'.
> dwInstaller
> install: 'DependencyWalker';
> install: 'OBDependencyWalker';
> install: 'DWTraitsFix'.
> ( Smalltalk version beginsWith: 'Squeak' )
>  ifTrue: [ dwInstaller install: 'OBDWMethodNodeFix' ]
>
> Cheers.
>
> Hernán

  Simon

Re: [ANN] Dependency Browser update

hernanmd
Hi Simon,

2009/7/22 Simon Denier <[hidden email]>
Hi Hernan

That's a pretty neat tool, very professional. I would vote for its
inclusion in an extended Pharo for developers.

Thanks, I'm very glad if the DependencyBrowser result in a useful tool for somebody.

But you know what would be even cooler? If you can take into account
the explicit dependencies of Monticello packages and highlight in red
those non-system packages which are not explicitly declared as
dependencies i.e. packages which would failed if loaded in a fresh
image because of missing implicit dependencies.

That's a good usability idea. I will let you know when it's ready, right now with the latest OmniBrowser, I see no protocol for changing the foreground color of a node in the OBNode hierarchy. Perhaps another OB user could tell how to do it?

Cheers.

Hernán

Re: [OB] Re: [ANN] Dependency Browser update

Alexandre Bergel
> That's a good usability idea. I will let you know when it's ready,
> right now with the latest OmniBrowser, I see no protocol for
> changing the foreground color of a node in the OBNode hierarchy.
> Perhaps another OB user could tell how to do it?

Easy, just override the method #backgroundColor to return a color.
If you need a complete exemple, then browse the package Moose-
OBBrowser in the Moose SqueakSource project.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu