[ANN][Dev-Images] April 2009 versions

Damien Cassou
Hi,

I've just uploaded new dev and web images based on
Squeak3.9.1-7075, Squeak3.10.2-7179 and Pharo0.1-10268.

More information and download:
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/Smalltalk/squeak-dev
Pharo-based images can be downloaded at:
http://pharo-project.org/download

Download statistics at
http://damiencassou.dabbledb.com/publish/dev-imagesdownloads

Changes in this version:
---------------------------

- Pharo images are based on version 10268
- Pharo images are now closure-based
- KomHttpServer has been updated with bug fixes, code cleaning and
speed improvements (Giovanni Corriga, Michael Rueger, Julian Fitzell
and Göran Krampe)
- Lukas Renggli updated Magritte and Pier
- The code critic tool (lint) saw the addition of 4 new rules (by Lukas Renggli)
- OmniBrowser changes (by David Röthlisberger)
  - Added package dependency command
  - Fixed move to package command
  - Improved performance of senders browser
  - Added support for tooltips to radio buttons (Dale Henrichs)
  - Added 'accept' button to menu appearing when a method contains
unsaved changes (Simon)
  - Several minor improvings, corrections

Contained packages:
------------------------

This image contains the following packages (some packages are only in
the squeak-web image):

Aida version 5.6
Algernon version 1.2
AST version 164
AutomaticMethodCategorizer version 0.25
AutomaticMethodCategorizerOB version 0.2
DynamicBindings version 2.7
eCompletion version 0.102
eCompletion-Traits version 0.1
eCompletionOmniBrowser version 0.5
Installer version 4.3
Installer-Core version 4.3.313
Installer-Formats version 4.3.3
Installer-Scripts version 4.3.8
KomHttpServer version 7.0.45
KomServices version 1.19
Magritte-Model version 1.1.1.340
Magritte-Seaside version 1.1.1.284
Magritte-Tests version 1.1.1.149
OB-Enhancements version 0.317
OmniBrowser version 0.444
OmniBrowser-Algernon version 0.5
OmniBrowser-Full version 0.27
OmniBrowser-Morphic version 0.86
OmniBrowser-Refactory version 145
OmniBrowser-Regex version 0.18
OmniBrowser-Standard version 0.402
Pier version current
Pier-Blog version 1.1.1.108
Pier-Documents version 1.1.1.8
Pier-EditorEnh version 1.1.1.17
Pier-Model version 1.1.1.271
Pier-Seaside version 1.1.1.340
Pier-Security version 1.1.1.121
Pier-Tests version 1.1.1.117
Polymorph EventEnhancements version 1.1
Polymorph Geometry version 1.1
Polymorph TaskbarIcons version 1.0
Polymorph ToolBuilder version 1.3
Polymorph Tools Diff version 1.3
Polymorph Widgets version 1.4
Refactoring Core version 48
Refactoring Spelling version 5
RoelTyper version 0.60
RSRSS2 version 2.8.3.11
Scriptaculous version 2.8.3.242
ScriptManager version 0.6
Seaside version 2.8.3.572
Seaside-Adapters-Core version pmm.2.mcz
Seaside-Adapters-Swazoo version 9
Seaside-Squeak-Adapters version pmm.3.mcz
SeasideAdaptersCompatibility version pmm.1.mcz
Shout version 3.15-tween.72
ShoutWorkspace version 1-tween.4
SmaCC runtime version 13
Sport version 2.31
Squeak dev packages version 0.28
Squeak web packages version 0.2
SUnit-improved version 4.0.118
SUnitGUI-improved version 4.0.50
Swazoo version 2.1
Universes version 52
Universes OmniBrowser version 0.38
VBRegex version 1.9
YAXO version 14

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: [ANN][Dev-Images] April 2009 versions

John Toohey-2
Damien,

Do you have any images using the latest Seaside 2.9 code? I have tried
unsuccessfully to uninstall 2.8 from pre-built images, as I have a
dependency in my code for the new JQuery support. Building a new image
with Seaside, Glorp etc., is a long process with my bandwidth, so
pre-built images are a boon.

Thanks

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 15:03, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> Pier-Documents version 1.1.1.8
> Pier-EditorEnh version 1.1.1.17
> Pier-Model version 1.1.1.271
> Pier-Seaside version 1.1.1.340
> Pier-Security version 1.1.1.121
> Pier-Tests version 1.1.1.117
> Polymorph EventEnhancements version 1.1
> Polymorph Geometry version 1.1
> Polymorph TaskbarIcons version 1.0
> Polymorph ToolBuilder version 1.3
> Polymorph Tools Diff version 1.3
> Polymorph Widgets version 1.4
> Refactoring Core version 48
> Refactoring Spelling version 5
> RoelTyper version 0.60
> RSRSS2 version 2.8.3.11
> Scriptaculous version 2.8.3.242
> ScriptManager version 0.6
> Seaside version 2.8.3.572
> Seaside-Adapters-Core version pmm.2.mcz
> Seaside-Adapters-Swazoo version 9
> Seaside-Squeak-Adapters version pmm.3.mcz
> SeasideAdaptersCompatibility version pmm.1.mcz

-JT

Re: [ANN][Dev-Images] April 2009 versions

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

Thanks as always!  I am hesitant to even bring this up, but the anchor text advertise 9.03 vs. 9.04; the links themselves appear to be to the correct files.  Long ago, I had a similar problem and wrote some (YUK<g>) Java script to automate things so I need only change one thing and the links all generate based on the updated value.  The code (no warranties at all, not even suiability for purpose) is yours for the asking.

Bill

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks as always!  I am hesitant to even bring this up, but the anchor text advertise 9.03 vs. 9.04; the links themselves appear to be to the correct files.

Thank you, I fixed them. Please tell me again next time.

>  Long ago, I had a similar problem and wrote some (YUK<g>) Java script to automate things so I need only change one thing and the links all generate based on the updated value.  The code (no warranties at all, not even suiability for purpose) is yours for the asking.

Is it able to change cmsbox and pier websites as well ? :-)

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: [ANN][Dev-Images] April 2009 versions

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

I'm still absorbing Seaside, so Pier and cmsbox are beyond my intuition.  The little I have seen of cmsbox (inline editing) suggests a problem unless there is a way to define variables/constants and to manipulate strings.  All I did in my script was create functions that built the links from pieces, some specific to each link and the shared version number.

Bill

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks as always!  I am hesitant to even bring this up, but the anchor text advertise 9.03 vs. 9.04; the links themselves appear to be to the correct files.

Thank you, I fixed them. Please tell me again next time.

>  Long ago, I had a similar problem and wrote some (YUK<g>) Java script to automate things so I need only change one thing and the links all generate based on the updated value.  The code (no warranties at all, not even suiability for purpose) is yours for the asking.

Is it able to change cmsbox and pier websites as well ? :-)

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: [ANN][Dev-Images] April 2009 versions

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I just tried the April web image.  The cosmetic changes to the debugger are appreciated (most importantly the background under the buttons, making the top of the text pain obvious when scrolled).  Am I guilty of wishful thinking, or is the speed improved?

Bill

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just tried the April web image.  The cosmetic changes to the debugger are appreciated (most importantly the background under the buttons, making the top of the text pain obvious when scrolled).  Am I guilty of wishful thinking, or is the speed improved?

Things are improving in all directions. It is normal that some side
effects are speed improvements, but this is not a rule :-D

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st