[ANN] Dolphin 4.01 Available

Andy Bower
Folks,

We've just released Dolphin 4.01, which is a free maintenance upgrade for
all existing Dolphin 4 users. The new release fixes most of the bugs that
have been reported since 4.0 and also implements a great many enhancements
that have been requested. You can read the detail about these changes at:

http://www.object-arts.com/Dolphin/4.01/ReleaseNotes.htm

In addition to the above, we have also improved the online documentation by
introducing several new sections into the Developers Guide and adding a
complete and updated Dolphin Pattern Book. The documentation set is
available as compiled HTML Help that can be downloaded and installed locally
on your PC. This is available from the Dolphin 4 downloads library:

http://www.object-arts.com/Downloads4.htm

Alternatively, for those who just want to see what's new, the basic HTML
version of the documentation is available on the web at:

http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/helpcontents1.htm

We hope that you enjoy the new release.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com

---
Visit the Dolphin Smalltalk WikiWeb
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/FrontPage.htm
---

Re: [ANN] Dolphin 4.01 Available

Christopher J. Demers
Andy Bower <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:998nb1$9e88$[hidden email]...
> Folks,
>
> We've just released Dolphin 4.01, which is a free maintenance upgrade for
> all existing Dolphin 4 users. The new release fixes most of the bugs that
> have been reported since 4.0 and also implements a great many enhancements
> that have been requested. You can read the detail about these changes at:

Hmmm, did I jump the gun in my rush to get the new version? ;)  I went to
the download page ( http://www.object-arts.com/Downloads4.htm ), it still
says "The library was last updated on Thursday, November 30, 2000".

The education center MSI seems to be new, but the Dolphin MSI I just
downloaded does not look like a new version.  Where do I download the 4.01
upgrade?

Chris

Re: [ANN] Dolphin 4.01 Available

Boris Popov-3
"Christopher J. Demers" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:998ufu$7qil$[hidden email]...
> Andy Bower <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:998nb1$9e88$[hidden email]...
> > Folks,
> >
> > We've just released Dolphin 4.01, which is a free maintenance upgrade
for
> > all existing Dolphin 4 users. The new release fixes most of the bugs
that
> > have been reported since 4.0 and also implements a great many
enhancements
> > that have been requested. You can read the detail about these changes
at:

> Hmmm, did I jump the gun in my rush to get the new version? ;)  I went to
> the download page ( http://www.object-arts.com/Downloads4.htm ), it still
> says "The library was last updated on Thursday, November 30, 2000".
>
> The education center MSI seems to be new, but the Dolphin MSI I just
> downloaded does not look like a new version.  Where do I download the 4.01
> upgrade?

Go to the page mentioned and try to hit refresh. It says "The library was
last updated on Tuesday, March 20, 2001".

-Boris

> Chris

Re: [ANN] Dolphin 4.01 Available

Christopher J. Demers
Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9995np$7vbm$[hidden email]...

> Go to the page mentioned and try to hit refresh. It says "The library was
> last updated on Tuesday, March 20, 2001".

Now it does have the new date, I did try refresh before and it had the old
date.  I guess they updated the page after I tried.  However I still can not
seem to download the new version.  I am downloading
DolphinSmalltalkProfessional.msi .  I have downloaded it a few times, and it
still seems to be the old version.  It says it is version 4.0 and gives me
the option of repairing or uninstalling.  The creation date is also Sunday,
November 26, 2000 6:56:46 PM, so I think it is still the old version.

Has anyone been able to upgrade to 4.01 Professional yet?

Chris

Re: [ANN] Dolphin 4.01 Available

Ian Bartholomew
Chris,

> Has anyone been able to upgrade to 4.01 Professional yet?

Yes. I downloaded the files late last night, I just followed the link in
Andy's post, and installed them this morning. Everything says that it is
4.01 so I have no reason to doubt that it is the new version.

The only thing that I forgot, again!!, is that Win2000 users have to give
their working account Administrators rights before installing. I've actually
installed 4.01 four times now. pah!!

Ian

Re: [ANN] Dolphin 4.01 Available

Christopher J. Demers
Ian Bartholomew <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:3uYt6.45438$[hidden email]...
> Chris,
>
> > Has anyone been able to upgrade to 4.01 Professional yet?
>
> Yes. I downloaded the files late last night, I just followed the link in
> Andy's post, and installed them this morning. Everything says that it is
> 4.01 so I have no reason to doubt that it is the new version.

This is very interesting.  I tried downloading at work over a DSL connection
(Comcast) and it took a few minutes to download the file, but it was the old
version every time.  I am not using a proxy, but something much be caching
the old file.  When I got home I downloaded the file using my cable modem
(AtHome) and I was able to get the new file from the same link.  I still
can't download the new version at work via DSL.  This is very odd indeed.  A
netstat shows that I am connected to the object arts web server directly,
rather than via a proxy, yet I still get the old file even though from home
I get the new file at the same url.  I guess my ISP at work is doing
something strange.

Thanks for letting me know that it does work for everyone else. ;)

Chris