[ANN] Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0 Trial Version Available

1 message Options

[ANN] Dolphin Smalltalk XP 5.0 Trial Version Available

Andy Bower
Folks,

We now have a free 30 day trial version of the new Dolphin Smalltalk
available on our website. You can download and register for the trial using
this link:

http://www.object-arts.com/Trial

As you may already know, we've chosen to call the new version Dolphin
Smalltalk XP 5.0. The "XP" doesn't just mean that Dolphin runs under the
latest Microsoft OS with its new look and feel. Rather, we've chosen to add
the XP suffix to imply that the new Dolphin is decked out with a range of
tools to support "eXtreme Programming". This relatively new way of creating
software concentrates on agile development methods that make use of unit
testing and refactoring to boost Smalltalk's legendary programmer
productivity even further (see www.xprogramming.com for more details and
links on XP).

Please note that this is the FIRST Smalltalk development system to ship with
the renowned Refactoring Browser built right into the base system(*). If you
already know about refactoring you'll realize what a serious boon this will
be to your everyday coding. Couple this with the built-in SUnit test
framework, a new System Browser and multi-view object exploring Inspector
and Dolphin Smalltalk gives you real tools that will set your programming
alight.

If you'd like to read more about the new features then please visit our
website. However, the best way to get a feel for what's new in Dolphin XP
would be to download and install the trial version right away. Come on in
and splash around with Dolphin; the water's great!

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Object Arts Ltd.
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

(*) Native Refactoring Browser support is only available in Dolphin
Professional. Refactoring Engine supplied by Refactory Inc.