[ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

Hilaire Fernandes
Hello,

Given my problems with Windows VM and Pharo 1.4, I built a new Dr. Geo
with COG VM for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. (I just customized the pharo
1.4 one click package)

Please can you check how it works on your workstation?

http://squeak.ofset.org/DrGeo.app-12.04.1.zip

Thanks

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

fstephany
Hi Hilaire,

It does not seem to work on My Snow Leopard box :/
I get the following when opening the OneClick:

"You can't open the application DrGeo because it ma be damaged or
incomplete."

The icon probably means that something is wrong (attached screenshot).

Another unrelated but funny issue is the Timezone confusion in the last
modified/creation date :p

If you know where to look, i'll be happy to give you more details...

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
CA: +1 778 558 3225

Screen shot 2012-04-14 at 10.12.06.png (45K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

Hilaire Fernandes
Hi François,

Does the Pharo 1.4 one click work for you?

If so, the only stuff I changed are in the file info.plist, then I
removed all the .icns file in Resources.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

philippeback

This icon usually means that it is a power pc app and rosetta is not in. They do not work anymore on osx lion.
Ask for the properties of the exe when opening the package in the finder.

Phil

Le 14 avr. 2012 19:15, "Francois Stephany" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

CA: <a href="tel:%2B1%20778%20558%203225" value="+17785583225" target="_blank">+1 778 558 3225
BE: <a href="tel:%2B32%2065%20709%20131" value="+3265709131" target="_blank">+32 65 709 131

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

fstephany
I've just downloaded the latest Pharo 1.4 OneClick and it worked fine :/
The weird icon is probably related to the changed .icns?

Phil, can you test the 12.04.1? Maybe the problem is only on my Mac...

Francois

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
CA: +1 778 558 3225
BE: +32 65 709 131

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

Hilaire Fernandes
Le 14/04/2012 21:03, Francois Stephany a écrit :
> I've just downloaded the latest Pharo 1.4 OneClick and it worked fine :/
> The weird icon is probably related to the changed .icns?

Can you add back this .icns file and test?

Or could be the info.plist corrupted.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

fstephany
I addedd all the icns files that I found on the Pharo Oneclick but I get
the same error :/

I can start the drgeo.image bundle in the .app with my regular CogVM and
it works fine (and is fast!).

So I guess the problem is somewhere in the .plist I can open the .plist
but to be honest, I don't really know what can go wrong.

On 14/04/12 12:12, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Le 14/04/2012 21:03, Francois Stephany a écrit :
>> I've just downloaded the latest Pharo 1.4 OneClick and it worked fine :/
>> The weird icon is probably related to the changed .icns?
>

> Can you add back this .icns file and test?
>
> Or could be the info.plist corrupted.
>
> Hilaire

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

Hilaire Fernandes
Le 14/04/2012 21:12, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :

> Or could be the info.plist corrupted.

Yes, that's it, I mess up this file.

François, Philippe, test this newer DrGeo app with your Mac OSX:
http://squeak.ofset.org/DrGeo.app-12.04c.zip

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

philippeback
It works okay but:

1) no splash screen upon launch (I like turtles... :-( )
2) I had o click on the world menu and ask for new instead of having a figure canvas right away.

Phil

2012/4/14 Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]>
Le 14/04/2012 21:12, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :

> Or could be the info.plist corrupted.

Yes, that's it, I mess up this file.

François, Philippe, test this newer DrGeo app with your Mac OSX:
http://squeak.ofset.org/DrGeo.app-12.04c.zip

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

--
Philippe Back
"Helping you hit the top 3 outcomes you really want to achieve"

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Re: [ANN] Dr. Geo 12.04.1

fstephany
It works ;)
I've poked around and it seems to work. Well done!

Francois