[ANN] Embedding Image Example (Win)

tesonep@gmail.com
Hi,
   I have produced an example of using the headless VM to have an
embedded image in Windows. The example is hosted in Github
(https://github.com/tesonep/pharo-vm-embedded-example)

The example is a CMake project to generate a new small executable that
uses the VM as a library. Also, it shows how to perform the branding
of applications (I have used the same Pharo icon, but we can use
anything else).

In the example, I am opening one of the SDL2 examples, it opens a
window where we can draw in an Athens Canvas.

It requires a Cygwin environment, but if you are able to build the
headless VM you already have it!.

I will do other examples of the use case we are thinking for the headless VM!

Cheers,
Pablo

--
Pablo Tesone.

Re: [ANN] Embedding Image Example (Win)

Tudor Girba-2
Great work!

Doru

> On Jan 13, 2020, at 2:32 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   I have produced an example of using the headless VM to have an
> embedded image in Windows. The example is hosted in Github
> (https://github.com/tesonep/pharo-vm-embedded-example)
>
> The example is a CMake project to generate a new small executable that
> uses the VM as a library. Also, it shows how to perform the branding
> of applications (I have used the same Pharo icon, but we can use
> anything else).
>
> In the example, I am opening one of the SDL2 examples, it opens a
> window where we can draw in an Athens Canvas.
>
> It requires a Cygwin environment, but if you are able to build the
> headless VM you already have it!.
>
> I will do other examples of the use case we are thinking for the headless VM!
>
> Cheers,
> Pablo
>
> --
> Pablo Tesone.

feenk.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: [ANN] Embedding Image Example (Win)

Ben Coman
Thanks Pablo.  This will be cool to try sometime, and likely useful if I want to distribute an app.

Now what woudl be great is an example something like embedding the VM within a simple REPL written in C.
or something like a simple Pong game where the main loop is in C and does the rendering,
but the game logic run in Pharo.

cheers -ben

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 21:34, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] Embedding Image Example (Win)

ducasse
this is really nice.
This is with such nice example that people will be able to build App with Pharo.
Thanks Pablo I like C code with nice comments :).

On 13 Jan 2020, at 14:32, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi,