[ANN] ExtraCatalogs re-release

1 message Options

[ANN] ExtraCatalogs re-release

Randy Coulman
All,

I have re-released ExtraCatalogs, an alternative MessageCatalog for Visualworks Smalltalk that supports XLIFF-format files.

ExtraCatalogs introduces SimpleMessageCatalog, an in-memory MessageCatalog implementation that works with the standard Visualworks UserMessage infrastructure for translating strings in a user interface.

ExtraCatalogs also includes the ExtraCatalogsTools package, which adds some tool support for building message catalogs. ExtraCatalogsTools can be used independently of ExtraCatalogs, so might be useful to you even if you don't want to use SimpleMessageCatalog.

ExtraCatalogs was originally written by Travis Griggs, but I've taken over maintenance of it, updated the documentation and licensing, and re-released it.

ExtraCatalogs is available in the Cincom Public Store Repository. A snapshot of the current version is also on GitHub. The Readme file on GitHub includes high-level documentation if you'd like more information before diving in.

The full release announcement is on my blog, Courageous Software.

Thanks,
Randy
--
Randy Coulman