[ANN] Filesystem 1.0.1

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi all,

I've made a bugfix release of Filesystem. From the release notes:

       - Added convenience methods for Windows drives (suggested by Eliot Miranda)
       - Fixed bug in resolving the user''s home directory (Andreas Raab)
       - Fixed bug in printing the root directory on Windows
       - Disks on Windows are now listed in alphabetical order
       - Renamed utility methods for converting strings. (suggested by Julian Fitzell)
       - Implemented FSReference class>>roots to allow discovery of fileystems.
       - Implemented a resolver for Unix. (Patrick Shouse)
       - Fixed a bug that would prevent streams from being flushed when closed.
       - Fixed a bug in writing ZipFilesystem contents to the underlying zip file.
       - Fixed a bug in copying directory trees specified with a relative path.
       - Fixed a bug in growing the file allocation when writing to a file in a memory filesystem.

The SAR file is available for download here:

http://www.wiresong.ca/downloads/Filesystem-1.0.1.sar

Please note that it's OK to install this version over the previous version. The installer will detect the previous version and do an incremental update, rather than install from scratch.

Colin

Re: [ANN] Filesystem 1.0.1

Tudor Girba
Thanks Colin!

Filesystem is quite a pleasure to work with.

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Feb 2010, at 10:32, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've made a bugfix release of Filesystem. From the release notes:
>
>       - Added convenience methods for Windows drives (suggested by
> Eliot Miranda)
>       - Fixed bug in resolving the user''s home directory (Andreas
> Raab)
>       - Fixed bug in printing the root directory on Windows
>       - Disks on Windows are now listed in alphabetical order
>       - Renamed utility methods for converting strings. (suggested
> by Julian Fitzell)
>       - Implemented FSReference class>>roots to allow discovery of
> fileystems.
>       - Implemented a resolver for Unix. (Patrick Shouse)
>       - Fixed a bug that would prevent streams from being flushed
> when closed.
>       - Fixed a bug in writing ZipFilesystem contents to the
> underlying zip file.
>       - Fixed a bug in copying directory trees specified with a
> relative path.
>       - Fixed a bug in growing the file allocation when writing to a
> file in a memory filesystem.
>
> The SAR file is available for download here:
>
> http://www.wiresong.ca/downloads/Filesystem-1.0.1.sar
>

> Please note that it's OK to install this version over the previous
> version. The installer will detect the previous version and do an
> incremental update, rather than install from scratch.
>
> Colin

www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: [ANN] Filesystem 1.0.1

Lukas Renggli
This Gofer script loads the latest code, for those that do not like the SAR:

Gofer new
    wiresong: 'mc';
    package: 'Filesystem';
    load