[ANN] Fog - Ethereum driver

Santiago Bragagnolo
Hi all. Im happy to announce a pre release of the Fog ethereum driver that we develop in the space of an Inria project.

It still not complete but is already usable for some experiments and simple projects.

You can downloadit from

Dependencies

RHash

 sudo apt-get install rhash

Solidity

 npm install solc

Download code

Iceberg / Baseline

Metacello
    new
    baseline: 'Fog';
    repository:  'github://sbragagnolo/Fog:v0.1.1.1/src';
load.

By hand

You may want to use this version for having access to some scripts and contracts samples.

git checkout [hidden email]:sbragagnolo/Fog.git
git checkout v0.1.1.1
Metacello
    new
    baseline: 'Fog';
    repository: 'filetree:///path/to/git-repository/Fog/src';;
    load.

It's based on the standar API for javascript (https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/JavaScript-API) .

It provides interaction with remote contracts, it do as well provides a way for navigating the architecture objects: blocks, transactions, accounts and contracts.

I hope you find it useful.

Feel free to fill the github issue tracker with anything you find :).

I will come to you with some new exciting news about ethereum soon :)

Santiago.

Re: [ANN] Fog - Ethereum driver

Esteban A. Maringolo
Very Nice! Thank you for building it.

I started a similar project for the Bitcoin blockchain, but then I
drifted away and never got back to it.

Are you writing DAPPs?

Best regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

> Hi all. Im happy to announce a pre release of the Fog ethereum driver that
> we develop in the space of an Inria project.
>
> It still not complete but is already usable for some experiments and simple
> projects.
>
> You can downloadit from
> https://github.com/sbragagnolo/Fog/
> (https://github.com/sbragagnolo/Fog/releases/tag/v0.1.1.1)
>
> Dependencies
>
> RHash
>
>  sudo apt-get install rhash
>
> Solidity
>
>  npm install solc
>
> Download code
>
> Iceberg / Baseline
>
> Metacello
>     new
>     baseline: 'Fog';
>     repository:  'github://sbragagnolo/Fog:v0.1.1.1/src';
>     load.
>
> By hand
>
> You may want to use this version for having access to some scripts and
> contracts samples.
>
> git checkout [hidden email]:sbragagnolo/Fog.git
>
> git checkout v0.1.1.1
>
> Metacello
>     new
>     baseline: 'Fog';
>     repository: 'filetree:///path/to/git-repository/Fog/src';;
>     load.
>

> It's based on the standar API for javascript
> (https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/JavaScript-API) .
>
> It provides interaction with remote contracts, it do as well provides a way
> for navigating the architecture objects: blocks, transactions, accounts and
> contracts.
>
> I hope you find it useful.
>
> Feel free to fill the github issue tracker with anything you find :).
>

> I will come to you with some new exciting news about ethereum soon :)
>
> Santiago.

Re: [ANN] Fog - Ethereum driver

Santiago Bragagnolo
You are welcome :). We are doing some experiments for looking some research branches on it.
So, writing some Dapps but not really productive. or not yet.
Any way, we still using solidity as language for the contracts.

Santiago