[ANN] For testing: 1.2.1 One-Click

Marcus Denker-4

As with 1.2 in general, I gave up on auto build... as we will move to the VMs we build ourselfes in 1.3,
the idea is to keep 1.2 as simple as possible.

        -> I added the windows vm that  Torsten send me
        -> I did not update the mac or unix vm from 1.1.1...

        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28437/Pharo-1.2.1-OneClick.zip

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN] For testing: 1.2.1 One-Click

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Out of the box, system browsers are opening with a scroll bar between the lists and code pane.  Click on it, and the bar disappears.

Curious which vm was in use, I tried:

    SmalltalkImage current vmVersion  'Squeak3.10.2 of ''5 June 2008'' [latest update: #7179]'

Looks weird??  Ask the vm itself.  In a terminal (I think in the correct place):

./squeakvm -version
4.0.3-2202 #1 XShm Tue Apr 13 11:56:47 PDT 2010 gcc 4.3.2
Linux vps2.piumarta.com 2.6.18-028stab053.10-ent #1 SMP Thu Feb 28 20:34:08 MSK 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
plugin path: /somewhere/Contents/Linux/ [default: /somewhere/Pharo-1.2.1/Contents/Linux/]

Ubuntu Lucid.

oCompletion is not going away easily.  No denigration of the hard work that went into it, I want to simply turn it off, read what it otherwise can't help covering, and type myself.

Bill

On Apr 3, 2011, at 6:17 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Out of the box, system browsers are opening with a scroll bar between the lists and code pane.  Click on it, and the bar disappears.

Yes, a known bug open since Feb 24, 2011.

> Curious which vm was in use, I tried:
>
>    SmalltalkImage current vmVersion  'Squeak3.10.2 of ''5 June 2008'' [latest update: #7179]'
>
> Looks weird??  Ask the vm itself.  In a terminal (I think in the correct place):

Yes, we just use the same VM than in the 1.1 OneClick. If someone can do better, please do. I can not, I am exhausted....

> ./squeakvm -version
> 4.0.3-2202 #1 XShm Tue Apr 13 11:56:47 PDT 2010 gcc 4.3.2
> Linux vps2.piumarta.com 2.6.18-028stab053.10-ent #1 SMP Thu Feb 28 20:34:08 MSK 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
> plugin path: /somewhere/Contents/Linux/ [default: /somewhere/Pharo-1.2.1/Contents/Linux/]
>
> Ubuntu Lucid.
>
> oCompletion is not going away easily.  No denigration of the hard work that went into it, I want to simply turn it off, read what it otherwise can't help covering, and type myself.

Yes, the details in interaction of both ecompletion and the magical treatment of special characters ()'' should be improved...

One of the first steps to do this is to actually use these things on a daily basis. With the Core vs. Full image, there is the huge
problem that after the first 100 updates are in the unstable, I use the unstable.
And there is no Full for unstable, bug report from Mar 20, 2011:

The thing is that all things, even the smallest tiniest triviality, happens if someone *does* it. Nothing happens by itself.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN] For testing: 1.2.1 One-Click

Toon Verwaest-2

> The thing is that all things, even the smallest tiniest triviality, happens if someone *does* it. Nothing happens by itself.
I'm probably very naive here; and also a bit lazy and so on... So: could
you point me at a short text that describes exactly what I have to do to
get any line of code into a new Pharo?

Like I figured out that these syntax coloring and compiling of traits
happens in a strange scope... how can I push this immediately back? I
just got used to always including these changes in my own repos since I
didn't know how to get access to such changes immediately; nor how to
properly publish them.

My own main goal isn't Pharo, although I really like Pharo and would
like to contribute whatever I do back to Pharo. So knowing about the
streamlined process will help me push the small changes I do back. And
yes, sorry, I'm lazy ;-)

cheers,
Toon

Re: [ANN] For testing: 1.2.1 One-Click

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Toon Verwaest <[hidden email]> wrote:

The thing is that all things, even the smallest tiniest triviality, happens if someone *does* it. Nothing happens by itself.
I'm probably very naive here; and also a bit lazy and so on... So: could you point me at a short text that describes exactly what I have to do to get any line of code into a new Pharo?

It is explained in the Pharo FAQ
http://www.pharo-project.org/documentation/faq

How can I contribute to Pharo?

Check out the wiki page HowToContribute for a detailed description of how to submit code. There is also a screencast demonstrating the process.

On Apr 3, 2011, at 5:31 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> As with 1.2 in general, I gave up on auto build... as we will move to the VMs we build ourselfes in 1.3,
> the idea is to keep 1.2 as simple as possible.
>
> -> I added the windows vm that  Torsten send me
> -> I did not update the mac or unix vm from 1.1.1...
>

> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28437/Pharo-1.2.1-OneClick.zip

And a Cog version:

        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28439/Pharo-1.2.1-CogOneClick.zip

This is the 1.1.1 OneClick where I replaced the image and moved in all the files
of Eliot's latest Cog release (sometimes renamed).
Tested just for MacOS.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [ANN] For testing: 1.2.1 One-Click

Geert Claes
Administrator
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
It would be great if this Windows VM would also have a nice Pharo name/icon

Re: [ANN] For testing: 1.2.1 One-Click

Hannes Hirzel
On 4/3/11, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Out of the box, system browsers are opening with a scroll bar between the
> lists and code pane.  Click on it, and the bar disappears.
>
> Curious which vm was in use, I tried:
>
>     SmalltalkImage current vmVersion  'Squeak3.10.2 of ''5 June 2008''
> [latest update: #7179]'
>
> Looks weird??  Ask the vm itself.  In a terminal (I think in the correct
> place):
>
> ./squeakvm -version
> 4.0.3-2202 #1 XShm Tue Apr 13 11:56:47 PDT 2010 gcc 4.3.2
> Linux vps2.piumarta.com 2.6.18-028stab053.10-ent #1 SMP Thu Feb 28 20:34:08
> MSK 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
> plugin path: /somewhere/Contents/Linux/ [default:
> /somewhere/Pharo-1.2.1/Contents/Linux/]
>
> Ubuntu Lucid.
>
> oCompletion is not going away easily.  No denigration of the hard work that
> went into it, I want to simply turn it off, read what it otherwise can't
> help covering, and type myself.
>
> Bill

Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS (Lucid)

Some time after starting the tests the screen goes blank and remains blank.....

--Hannes