[ANN] Gdiplus 5

Louis Sumberg-2
The Gdiplus package is a Dolphin wrapper around the Microsoft GDI+ graphics
library. For those interested in graphics, Gdiplus is worth exploring -
there is a lot of meat to it. All classes and most methods have comments.
There are over a hundred examples that are easy to run and illustrate
various capabilities, including gradients, image manipulation, alpha
blending, and transformations.  Gdiplus also supports reading and writing
image filetypes other than bmp, e.g., jpg, gif, png, and tif.

The latest version of Gdiplus can be found at
http://www.mindspring.com/~lsumberg/Dolphin.  Once again, thanks to Blair
McGlashan, Steve Waring, and Dan Antion for bringing this to life.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.  It would also be
nice to let me (or this newsgroup) know if you use it, so we have an idea of
what the interest and usage level is.

-- Louis

Re: [ANN] Gdiplus 5

Chris Uppal-3
Louis Sumberg wrote:

> It would also
> be nice to let me (or this newsgroup) know if you use it, so we have an
> idea of what the interest and usage level is.

I'm using it in one project so far.  Admitedly, it's rather limited use,
because I'm only using a GdiplusImageView to display images embedded in JAR and
Zip files.  However, that's working very well, and thank-you (all) very much.

    -- chris

Re: [ANN] Gdiplus 5

Esteban A. Maringolo-2
Hi Louis,

> The Gdiplus package is a Dolphin wrapper around the Microsoft GDI+
graphics

> library. For those interested in graphics, Gdiplus is worth exploring -
> there is a lot of meat to it. All classes and most methods have comments.
> There are over a hundred examples that are easy to run and illustrate
> various capabilities, including gradients, image manipulation, alpha
> blending, and transformations.  Gdiplus also supports reading and writing
> image filetypes other than bmp, e.g., jpg, gif, png, and tif.
>
> The latest version of Gdiplus can be found at
> http://www.mindspring.com/~lsumberg/Dolphin.  Once again, thanks to Blair
> McGlashan, Steve Waring, and Dan Antion for bringing this to life.

> Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.  It would also
be
> nice to let me (or this newsgroup) know if you use it, so we have an idea
of
> what the interest and usage level is.

I've downloaded the packages, but it fails to install in a Dolphin XP Value
Edition.
Readind the source of the pac's, i've found it references the Lagoon
Package, and uses some *base64 methods.

Is it necessary or is just an issue of stripping.

Thanks in advance.

--
Esteban.

Re: [ANN] Gdiplus 5

Louis Sumberg-2
Hi Esteban,

I uploaded a new zip file that should work in the Dolphin Value Edition.
Essentially I took out the lines (in 3 of the 5 packages I think) that made
reference to "package imageStripperBytes: (ByteArray fromBase64String:
'yadadadaboombang')".

-- Louis

Re: [ANN] Gdiplus 5

Bojan Fabijan-2
"Louis Sumberg" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<c6ppqu$ek7de$[hidden email]>...
> Hi Esteban,
>
> I uploaded a new zip file that should work in the Dolphin Value Edition.
> Essentially I took out the lines (in 3 of the 5 packages I think) that made
> reference to "package imageStripperBytes: (ByteArray fromBase64String:
> 'yadadadaboombang')".
>
> -- Louis

I have XP professional; just today I also download version 5.1 but
still not found ByteArray fromBase64String: method.
Any further suggestions please !

Bojan Fabijan ORIA d.o.o.

Re: [ANN] Gdiplus 5

Ian Bartholomew-19
Bojan Fabijan wrote:
> I have XP professional; just today I also download version 5.1 but
> still not found ByteArray fromBase64String: method.
> Any further suggestions please !

It's part of the 5.1.4 LiveUpdate.  Start up your 5.1 image, go online and
select the "Dolphin Live Update" icon.  Dolphin will then download and
install all the available patches (5.1.1 through 5.1.4) applicable to your
image.   You will then need to save the image to retain the updates.

I imagine, from Louis' post, that this will also be needed and will work for
the Dolphin Value Edition.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: [ANN] Gdiplus 5

Louis Sumberg-2
Ian,

> [Base64 is] part of the 5.1.4 LiveUpdate.

Thanks for covering this.  I hadn't realized (I forgot) the Base64 stuff
came in with 5.1.4.

If the people running Dolphin Value Edition still have trouble installing
Gdiplus, holler.

-- Louis