[ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

[ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

Dale Henrichs

If you haven't already heard, the GemStone/S team is becoming an independent company after 3 years as part of VMware. The entire engineering team is moving to GemTalk Systems[1].

GemTalk Systems is completely focused on Smalltalk, GemStone/S and allied initiatives.

I've published a blog post[2] with my take on the acquisition (short answer is "excited!"), if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.

Dale

[1] http://gemtalksystems.com/index.php/about-us/engineers/
[2] http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/gemtalk-systems-acquires-gemstones/

Re: [ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

CdAB63
On 03-05-2013 16:22, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> If you haven't already heard, the GemStone/S team is becoming an independent company after 3 years as part of VMware. The entire engineering team is moving to GemTalk Systems[1].
>
> GemTalk Systems is completely focused on Smalltalk, GemStone/S and allied initiatives.
>
> I've published a blog post[2] with my take on the acquisition (short answer is "excited!"), if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.
Focusing entirely in smalltalk is good news. Now comes the important
thing: how to make GemTalk popular and profitable. The bottom line is
having as many people working with it as possible. So, a certain focus
in schools/universities is unavoidable.

> Dale
>
> [1] http://gemtalksystems.com/index.php/about-us/engineers/
> [2] http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/gemtalk-systems-acquires-gemstones/

Best regards,

CdAB

Re: [ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 03 May 2013, at 21:22, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you haven't already heard, the GemStone/S team is becoming an independent company after 3 years as part of VMware. The entire engineering team is moving to GemTalk Systems[1].
>
> GemTalk Systems is completely focused on Smalltalk, GemStone/S and allied initiatives.
>
> I've published a blog post[2] with my take on the acquisition (short answer is "excited!"), if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.
>
> Dale
>
> [1] http://gemtalksystems.com/index.php/about-us/engineers/
> [2] http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/gemtalk-systems-acquires-gemstones/

Yes, that is good news !

Looking forward to continue working with the guy in the blue shirt and grey beard.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo

Re: [ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

stephane ducasse
this is cool :)

Stef

On May 3, 2013, at 9:22 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you haven't already heard, the GemStone/S team is becoming an independent company after 3 years as part of VMware. The entire engineering team is moving to GemTalk Systems[1].
>
> GemTalk Systems is completely focused on Smalltalk, GemStone/S and allied initiatives.
>
> I've published a blog post[2] with my take on the acquisition (short answer is "excited!"), if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.
>
> Dale
>
> [1] http://gemtalksystems.com/index.php/about-us/engineers/
> [2] http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/gemtalk-systems-acquires-gemstones/

Re: [ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

Dale Henrichs

| On 03-05-2013 16:22, Dale Henrichs wrote:
| > If you haven't already heard, the GemStone/S team is becoming an
| > independent company after 3 years as part of VMware. The entire
| > engineering team is moving to GemTalk Systems[1].
| >
| > GemTalk Systems is completely focused on Smalltalk, GemStone/S and allied
| > initiatives.
| >
| > I've published a blog post[2] with my take on the acquisition (short answer
| > is "excited!"), if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact
| > me.
|
| Focusing entirely in smalltalk is good news. Now comes the important
| thing: how to make GemTalk popular and profitable. The bottom line is
| having as many people working with it as possible. So, a certain focus
| in schools/universities is unavoidable.

Casimiro,

Agreed ... in the last year VMware sponsored work with Hasso-Plattner Institute for MagLev.

I expect that GemTalk will continue to follow that lead as it has been a very productive relationship.

Dale

Re: [ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

Max Leske
Congratulations Dale! Sounds great!

On 03.05.2013, at 21:22, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you haven't already heard, the GemStone/S team is becoming an independent company after 3 years as part of VMware. The entire engineering team is moving to GemTalk Systems[1].
>
> GemTalk Systems is completely focused on Smalltalk, GemStone/S and allied initiatives.
>
> I've published a blog post[2] with my take on the acquisition (short answer is "excited!"), if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.
>
> Dale
>
> [1] http://gemtalksystems.com/index.php/about-us/engineers/
> [2] http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/gemtalk-systems-acquires-gemstones/

Re: [ANN] GemStone/S product and team move to a dedicated company

Dale Henrichs

| Looking forward to continue working with the guy in the blue shirt and grey
| beard.

Haha! And I'm looking forward to working with the you:)

Dale